I have stayed at Point Santo 4 other times. My family started going there when I was a younger and my now wife and I wanted to go their for our honeymoon. Point Santo was an easy choice as a condo. There is a beach view from almost ever room, adult swim in the morning and evening that's nice and relaxing, and the provided amenities are great and well taken care of. There are lounge chairs provided at both the pool and on the Gulf which are great to go relax in and has some in nice shaded spots if you don't want to cook all day.
My wife and I enjoyed the week being able to relax and had a wonderful time on the island. I wish the quality the complex was reflected in our unit. B 26 was horrible. The door lock was the first problem that greets you. It should have been replaced years ago and I honestly spent 15 minutes over the week just trying to lock and unlock it. You have to put the key in and then jiggle and pull it out just right in order to get the door to lock or unlock. The kitchen it well under-equpied and the Teflon on the pots and pans is peeling off. The faucet in the sink needs to be replaced and the rope lights that are supposed to provide up-lighting in the kitchen were burned out. There was holes in the ceiling were the paint was peeling off and in the master bathroom there is actually bare drywall above the shower (that's mold waiting to happen). The master bath also had wallpaper that was peeling off the walls and the faucet is corroding. The carpet needed to be replaced and the furniture has stains on it. My wife looked at the comforter in the master bedroom, which was also stained, and pulled it off the bed because it looked to disgusting to sleep under. We didn't use the second bedroom, but when we went in there was a big black spot in front of the closet (I don't know if it was mold or dirt and didn't get close enough ti find out). The second bathroom didn't even have non-slip stick-ons in the whole tub (definitely not kid friendly) and the towel holder was coming out of the wall. The TVs were both the old tube type and you can't watch the one in the living room without closing the blinds because of the glare off the curved screen.
The comment book left on the coffee table had some scathing comment from just this past year about mold in the unit. One major complaint that was mentioned over and over was no pull chains on the fans (I could reach them but my wife could not so I could see the need). I believe the most accurate comment was that the unit needed "a good scrubbing down." I would have to agree after the week that I spent there.
The decor in B 26 is also a taste of its own. It tries to have a jungle them, but there items with Chinese writing on it. The decor it unique and conflicting; it could definitely use a makeover.
I really didn't want our honeymoon to be about getting a condo fixed (I've fixed up a house and that's not what I wanted to watch on my honeymoon) so I sent in the survey with what's listed above, but I didn't call and want it all fixed.
My family has always used VIP Rentals and my wife and I found unit B 26 through Royal Shell. I don't know if this is the quality of condos with Royal Shell, but I would hope not. The sink backed up one of the first few days and Royal Shell was out quickly to take care of it so I wouldn't fault them for the poor quality of this condo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pointe Santo de Sanibel is an upscale condominium resort located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Our family resort features a gulfside pool and whirlpool, a clubhouse, 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and a supervised children's program. The grounds feature extensive tropical landscaping along a romantic lagoon crisscrossed by quaint bridges and walkways, Tiki huts and BBQ grills. All individually owned units feature a screenedmlanai with a Gulf view, full kitchens, individually controlled AC, cable & Wi-Fi. Pointe Santo is close to the bike path, "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge, theater, restaurants, and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Pointe Santo de Sanibel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Island
- Point Santo Sanibel Island