“Unit right on the gulf a plus”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Loggerhead Cay

Loggerhead Cay
Space Coast, FL
“Unit right on the gulf a plus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

Rented a unit in Bldg #5 ( closest to the beach) through VRBO.
The unit itself was clean and updated.
I was on a "get away" from everybody vacation, so when I was woke up at all hours by babies screaming and dogs barking I was a little disappointed. The condo walls are not very thick.
The grounds at Loggerhead Cay are beautiful and well kept. I did not check out the pool, becuase it was full of screaming young children from 8 am to 9pm (even during the usual afternoon lightening storms). All units surround the pool, so if you are looking for peace and quiet - this is not the place to stay.
The condo association was replacing front door on several units during my stay, so I felt like I was in a contruction zone, When I complained to the management - they assured me the work would stop at 5pm ( which it did).
Loggerhead Cay is close to dining establishments and shopping on the east end of the island.
This would have been a great family destination. Next time I stay on the island I will look for someplace less pet/child friendly.

• Liked — Location it was close to everything. The unit I stayed in was extremely clean.
  • Disliked — Screaming children in the courtyard, dog feces in the common areas, and construction work.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank 020210b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Marion, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

Just returned from a week at Loggerhead Cay! Oh, my! When we walked in the door my breath was taken away by the view. We had a large picture window looking onto the gulf, a mirrored wall that reflected what you saw in the picture window, a screened-in porch overlooking the gulf and a second porch off the side also overlooking the gulf. The condo was beautifully decorated in light, airy colors. Beautiful kitchen/living area, 2 bedrooms (1 king and 2 twins), pull-out couch, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, 3 TV's. Everything you could possibly want was available (except a bike). Down the stairs and to the beach, what could be better?! We stayed in 503. Definitely would stay there again!!!!!!

1 Thank Turk5
louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2007

We rented a condo through Royal Shell Vacations website. We looked at several places on Sanibel and decided that this location would be best with our small children (11, 8, and 5). We wanted tranquil water and close to restaurants, etc.

We then chose from one of several at Loggerhead Cay. The one we rented was very nicely decorated. It was clean, had loads of whatever kitchen supply we might need, tons of bath towels, beach toys, movies, puzzles, books, etc. The beds were VERY comfortable! My son even liked the pull-out couch!

There is a short walk directly to the beach either via a boardwalk or a path. The grounds are nicely kept. Lots of flowers and bushes. The pool was clean and warm and close to our room. We had easy access to a tennis court if we wanted (we didn't!). The condo building itself is not as "pretty" as some of the newer ones (this one is 15 or 20 years old), but the inside of ours was totally redone and beautiful.

The people at Royal Shell were great. Booking was a breeze. We were able to check in early and found dish soap, dishwasher tablets, and garbage bags in abundance in the condo. The other nice thing is that the RS office is very close to the condo, so we got our keys and within 5 minutes were walking up the steps to our room.

I would definitely stay at Loggerhead Cay again and would definitely use Royal Shell Vacations again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — screened porch
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kyderbymom