“Very Enjoyable!”

Loggerhead Cay
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

My family of 5 recently stayed one week at Loggerhead Cay - Unit 321. We enjoyed the unit very much. The owner has decorated it in a very delightful way. There are also a lot of beach supplies, books to read, and movies to watch - a lot of personal touches in this particular unit. It very much felt like staying in a friend's condo. There was quite a bit of landscaping being done to beautify the grounds while were there. The establishment was being maintained quite well. It was a great location on the beach. The waves were a bit calmer there than at other pubic beaches on the island which was great for swimming and playing, especially for my 4 year old. The large pool on the premises was also a great feature. We booked the unit through VIP Vacation Rentals and everything went very smoothly.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank jrtlab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We (me, my husband and 6 yr old son) stayed here the first week of May 08. We choose our unit (321)through vrbo. We opted to save some money and stayed at the back of the complex, which turned out to be a good decision. The beach wasn't really that far away and we were happy to be away from the pool since it can get loud at times. Our unit was clean and well furnished. The bathrooms needed updating but they functioned fine. Our unit included games, DVD's and books for all ages. It also included beach chairs, boogie boards, sand toys, water toys, shelling nets, beach umbrella, and handy cart to carry it all to the beach. The owners left nothing out!!! It was great. The kitchen was well outfitted as well. The common areas of the complex are very well maintained. The pool is quite large and of course, the beach is gorgeous with wonderfully soft sand and millions of shells. We would stay in this unit again, mostly because of all the extras included by the owners. We were on the ground floor which was very nice when returning from the beach. We just went through the lanai and left all the sand in there!

• Liked — extras included by owners
  • Disliked — outdated bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jetskigirl
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 7, 2008

I stayed for a week at Loggerhead Cay with my family at the end of April. The second floor condo we were in was about 100 yards from the surf. Great location - the beach was never crowded (partly because of the time of year, I'm sure), and the weather was terrific.

This property is very well kept - the grass was perfectly cut and everything was very clean. Each condo would be different depending upon the owner, but ours was well decorated, clean, and roomy.

If I travel to Sanibel again, this complex will be my first choice for accommodations.

• Liked — The Beach
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank omahaH2o
NC
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Returned for spring break. Had a wonderful time. We had a later spring break than in years past so the crowd was gone. The weather was great. This property has the most beautiful grounds I've ever seen in a condo and not resort hotel community. Our unit (#584) was in building 5 (1 & 5 are closest to the Gulf but only a few units in each bldg are Gulf front). Be warey of Gulf view description. The bldgs are in a "U" shape so unless you are at the good ends of bldgs 1 and 5 you are out of luck w/gulf view. The courtyard area, tennis courts, grill areas are perfectly manicured. There is a fantastic trash chute in each building so you don't have to go to far to take out the trash. Our unit was recently renovated/sold and was in great condition. We had a pet friendly unit as well. Lots of families and regular people were there. We stayed in Ocean's Reach last year and would only return there over Loggerhead for the view.

We went to McCarthy's Marina in Captiva and took the 3-hour shelling tour to Cayo Costa St. Park. It was fantastic. We saw manatees at the marina and would repeat this excursion as well as add others.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Lake_Norman_Crew
Space Coast, FL
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Rented a unit in Bldg #5 ( closest to the beach) through VRBO.
The unit itself was clean and updated.
I was on a "get away" from everybody vacation, so when I was woke up at all hours by babies screaming and dogs barking I was a little disappointed. The condo walls are not very thick.
The grounds at Loggerhead Cay are beautiful and well kept. I did not check out the pool, becuase it was full of screaming young children from 8 am to 9pm (even during the usual afternoon lightening storms). All units surround the pool, so if you are looking for peace and quiet - this is not the place to stay.
The condo association was replacing front door on several units during my stay, so I felt like I was in a contruction zone, When I complained to the management - they assured me the work would stop at 5pm ( which it did).
Loggerhead Cay is close to dining establishments and shopping on the east end of the island.
This would have been a great family destination. Next time I stay on the island I will look for someplace less pet/child friendly.

• Liked — Location it was close to everything. The unit I stayed in was extremely clean.
  • Disliked — Screaming children in the courtyard, dog feces in the common areas, and construction work.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank 020210b
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Just returned from a week at Loggerhead Cay! Oh, my! When we walked in the door my breath was taken away by the view. We had a large picture window looking onto the gulf, a mirrored wall that reflected what you saw in the picture window, a screened-in porch overlooking the gulf and a second porch off the side also overlooking the gulf. The condo was beautifully decorated in light, airy colors. Beautiful kitchen/living area, 2 bedrooms (1 king and 2 twins), pull-out couch, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, 3 TV's. Everything you could possibly want was available (except a bike). Down the stairs and to the beach, what could be better?! We stayed in 503. Definitely would stay there again!!!!!!

1 Thank Turk5
louisville
Reviewed June 30, 2007

We rented a condo through Royal Shell Vacations website. We looked at several places on Sanibel and decided that this location would be best with our small children (11, 8, and 5). We wanted tranquil water and close to restaurants, etc.

We then chose from one of several at Loggerhead Cay. The one we rented was very nicely decorated. It was clean, had loads of whatever kitchen supply we might need, tons of bath towels, beach toys, movies, puzzles, books, etc. The beds were VERY comfortable! My son even liked the pull-out couch!

There is a short walk directly to the beach either via a boardwalk or a path. The grounds are nicely kept. Lots of flowers and bushes. The pool was clean and warm and close to our room. We had easy access to a tennis court if we wanted (we didn't!). The condo building itself is not as "pretty" as some of the newer ones (this one is 15 or 20 years old), but the inside of ours was totally redone and beautiful.

The people at Royal Shell were great. Booking was a breeze. We were able to check in early and found dish soap, dishwasher tablets, and garbage bags in abundance in the condo. The other nice thing is that the RS office is very close to the condo, so we got our keys and within 5 minutes were walking up the steps to our room.

I would definitely stay at Loggerhead Cay again and would definitely use Royal Shell Vacations again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — screened porch
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family