My husband and I traveled to Sanibel from Tampa on a whim, with no reservations or plans. We checked Trip Advisor right before we left for the location of a place to stay and came up with the Blue Dolphin. No rooms were available at the Dolphin, but they referred us to the Waterside Inn down the beach. Granted, it's not a Westin (and the window air conditioner was way too loud) you couldn't ask for a better deal. With a walk in rate of $99 we were thrilled. The room was spotless, the beach perfect and less than a minute from the door of our room. Check out was 11:00 am, but they had a simple cottage available for use to shower and change, after check out!!! This proved to be a Godsend for us since we went for a 12 mile bike ride and swim before we hit the road home. Nice, nice place. We will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island