I'm not sure why this gets such a great rating..... My friend and I stayed 3 nights, May 24-27, 2007 in Pineapple Lodge. It's pleasant -- the efficiency room was larger than the usual hotel room. The bath would have been nicer for roommates if the sinks had been separate from the bath and toilet. The kitchen supplies were barely adequate. The sunset reception is ONLY in the winter. The staff were not friendly nor helpful. I was told an incorrect time that Ding Darling opened. If you sit in the line of lounge chairs you face the beach AND a sign stating there's a $50 fine for taking chairs to the beach. The grounds are pretty; the condo pool larger and quieter than the pool next to the office. We didn't spend much time on the balcony because of the AC noise plus could barely see the water/beach because of vegetation between us and it.
Don't eat at Amy's Over Easy Cafe or the Normandie -- Island Cow great place for breakfast and probably everything else. If you like hand made gifts and art, go to the Island Drums at Captiva -- outstanding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island