Beautiful grounds. Lovely gardening and lush palm trees. I enjoyed walking on the quiet, peaceful beach in the mornings.
The cottage was cute and brightly furnished and decorated. Lots of towels, beach towels and great coffee all supplied. The king size bed was too firm for me. The pull out couch was horrible. Just an old thin mattress. The couch was comfortable enough to just sleep on as is without pulling the mattress out. Extra sheets etc... were all provided.
Make sure you bring bug spray with deet. I was attacked near sunset and suffered with itchy, red welts all over my legs for days. It unfortunately caused me to have trouble sleeping as well.
The pools were a great distraction. The water temperature in each was perfect.
The walls in the adjoining cottages are thin. I could hear the neighbor and their kids get up at 5 a.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island