Spent a fantastic Labor Day weekend here for 3 nights. Having never been to Sanibel before, we really didn’t know what to expect, but now we’re hooked!
We stayed in Grapefruit 106, and really enjoyed this 1-bedroom space. The unit comes stocked with just about everything you might need, except a dishwasher. I guess we’re spoiled at home. We didn’t realize that the daily housekeeping service only meant that there would be a towel exchange and a trash pick-up, so after the first night we realized we needed to do our own dishes. Not a problem at all, but we just weren’t expecting it. We could have also used a cookie pan in the kitchen, as my husband is a freak when it comes to baking cookies at night when we go on vacation. Instead, we used a brownie baking pan, and just split the batter into two baking sessions. Other than that, all pots and pans, kitchen plates and utensils, along with necessary appliances were all provided. They even provide you with a vacuum cleaner and broom to help maintain sand-free floors!
The bathroom had a tub and shower, sink, and toilet. It was quite small, with no real space to place anything other than a couple of items on the counter. The best vanity space was the dresser with mirror in the bedroom, which is the space I used to get ready in the morning, and reserved the bathroom for just showering and brushing teeth.
While the cottages here are dated, they are clean! There is some rust in the bathroom and while the unit has a very old feel, the fact that it was Spic N Span clean really made all the difference. This was more than adequate for us, but if you’re looking for a 4 or 5 star resort, this is not it. These are beachy old Florida-style cottages.
You really can’t beat the location, right on the beach. No streets to cross, and you get to park your car right next to your cottage. Though Grapefruit 106 is a Gulf View cottage, you can really only see the gulf from the screened in patio, but that’s no big deal. If you prefer to stay in a Gulf Front cottage, I recommend Lime 101 over Mango 102 simply because we noticed several cars parked in the general parking area that were blocking quite a bit of the view for the people staying in Mango 102. Just something to think about. For the money, the Gulf View cottages are perfect!
It is without hesitation that I recommend the beach cottages at Waterside Inn if you’re looking to stay right on the beach in Sanibel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island