I actually was impressed by the setting and landscape of Waterside when we first arrived for my son's wedding scheduled for Nov. 5th( on the beach with tent setup for reception. )We had 16 parties staying at the Waterside for wedding. So Waterside did make a profit. Service for clean towels etc., seemed to be acceptable. Thenl things snowballed with responses on original questions contrary to what we were originally told when we booked. The owner actually told me that when I made the reservation I should have asked if the condo was renovated. "Hello", I already had printed confirmation of what the condo provided.
My relatives had updated condos which were very nice. My husband and I plus two other adults in our condo had a disaster. The biggest complaint I had was the "king sized bed" in master bedroom which turned out to be 2 twin beds pushed together. Our feet hung out over the edge and I'm 5' 3". The mattresses were in very bad shape. Also, noticable immediately were the missing slats on blinds both in the master bedroom and guest room...... no privacy. Next, the toilet in the guest bathroom overflowed and before that it would not flush numerous times. The last night we ran dishwasher and water poured onto the floor since the dishwasher was so old. It actually showed rust on the outside. My husband tried to use the hairdryer the last day since I had aready packed ours and guess what ,it didn't work. Forget the iron...... a shirt was scorched with rust. The owner below our condo also smoked on their lanai and since we had the AC turned off because it got cool, we became subjected to that. The last straw was when my husband could not watch a nationally televised pro football game because the condo owners had a small TV package deal and the owner of Waterside told him to drive to a place on Captiva to view the game.
By the way, we go to Sanibel every yr. and while the Waterside was a pretty setting, I don't think we would stay here again unless we asked questions and actually got the truth. The management could be brash and then after some problems with our condo the owner tried to be nice to us. At that pt. the damage was done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you searching for that true Olde Florida charm and style? Look no further than Waterside Inn! You?re just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Sanibel. Amenities include a heated pool, beach loungers, on-site bike rentals, and BBQ grills. Come to relax and unwind in one of our small inns or cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Waterside Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside Inn On The Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Waterside Resort Sanibel Island