The cottages are probably better than the hotel rooms just because of the thin walls. You can hear people upstairs sneezing, coughing, walking around-if you are on the first floor. The cable reception is fuzzy but it could be because we are used to FiOs TV. The place was very clean, reception nice. Plastic beach chairs are available. The folks we met during our stay were great. Sunset awesome. Be aware of no seeiums. Use bug spray with deet in the morning and evening and when there is no wind. They are brutal. But the beach is awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island