Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$299
Official Site
Sanibel Island Beach Resort(Sanibel Island)
$159
$143
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$199
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$186
$159
Sunset Beach Inn
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$229
$113
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$241
$169
Sanibel Inn
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$179
$152
Travelocity
Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$99
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$177
$150
Priceline
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

All reviewsscreened in porchsandbar restaurantno daily maid servicesecond floorfree standingadirondack chairssmall kitchenliterally stepstowel exchangeeach cottageold floridatop floorbeach locationgulf viewthe staff was friendly and helpfulbeach frontthe past years
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We found the Shalmar years ago while exploring Sanibel. I pulled a brochure for sometime in the future. We decided we were ready to go back, and booked one of the cottages on the beach (#4). What a fantastic place! The cottage was free standing and right on the beach, just steps away. The cottage was very clean, had everything you'll need (we still brought stuff with us) and if you need anything Baileys is right down the road. This is the place to go, staff very nice and helpful. We just cannot say enough.

Sanibel is beautiful, the sea life is amazing in the week we were there, we saw two mama dolphins with thier babies, came right up to the shore, found tons of sand dollars and starfish, a turtle, a manatee. Saw a baby shark caught by a fisherman, very cool watching him release it and it swim back out little fin in the air!

It was awesome every morning having coffee on our patio with the beach right in front of us.

This is a MUST STAY and Sanibel is a must go. And if you do, please dont take any live shells

Room Tip: they have watch you need but I would bring a small tephlon fry pan for eggs lol
1  Thank sunset1517
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My first time to Sanibel Island. I was going to book a room but Romas convinced me to book a cottage. SOOOOOO glad I did. I traveled with my BFF and my young daughter. So clean and spacious. We took advantage of the pool which was nice and used the gas grill provided. The porch on the cottage was so relaxing. Romas and his staff are so nice and accommodating. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ScreamingRedhead
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a fantastic place right on the beach. It seems from other reviews that we were lucky to have no noise from other guests. Upstairs in the motel gives fantastic views from the balcony (from the bed ) of the ocean. Nesting turtles and wonderful sunsets makes this a magical place to visit. No maid service if you stay less than a week but that suited us as we could come and go as we pleased. Highly recommend this place

1  Thank frodo66
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been coming to Sanibel since I was in grad school, some 30 years ago, so suffice it to
say I know the island fairly well. I have stayed twice before at Shalimar, but always in one of
the beach cottages, which were wonderful. This trip on Fathers Day, I was not able to book a
cottage, so took unit 3 downstairs. The unit itself was great, one of the cleanest I have ever seen, even in five star hotels! Kudos to Shalimar! It had a nice little kitchen area, and a wonderful beach view. There was a huge downside in the fact that every step taken by the upstairs guests above could be heard! The first night, someone paced for most of the night....the second night sounded like a there was a herd of elephants. God forbid if there had been running children! :)
This is a real issue, and someone at the pool was complaining about it also. That being said, I highly recommend staying at Shalimar!
As an aside, the owners have purchased a restaurant next door....we did not eat there, since
it was more casual dining, but will try it next visit. For fine dining, or a romantic dinner, I recommend Casa Ybels Thistle Lodge, or The Green Flash in Captiva.

Room Tip: Don't choose a downstairs room if you want to get to sleep! The cottages are supurb, I highly recommend cottage 7, which is the furthest to the South, and directly on the beach.
2  Thank TheDvineOne
Reviewed May 30, 2013

coming here 15+years. Peaceful, any minor hiccups always appropriately dealt with by Ramos and/or front desk staff. Immaculate, well-maintained & improved (we speculate annually about what will be improved). On-site laundry a boon, it's fun doing a wash while sitting in the sun in Nov/Dec. Non-smoking a great improvement. Only quibble is that we'd like the pool a bit warmer (as it used to be).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends