My wife and I were looking for a quiet 5 day getaway on Sanibel Island, Florida and thought that we found the perfect place in the Shalimar. At first glance the place is charming and with both cottages and motel-style rooms facing the ocean we were impressed with the outwardly appearance. To be honest we would have rated this place very high had it not seemed to be a magnet for loud-mouthed, drunken party animal mid-westerners that partied all night every night while we were there. The phone in the room did not work, so we could not complain about the noise and there were different groups that cycled in and out during our stay.
If you are looking to be a loud and obnoxious drunkard, screaming all night as if you are a bunch of frat punks, then the Shalimar is your place.
If you are a couple looking for a few nights of quiet and romantic piece and quiet, look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island