We stayed for 3 nights in February 2011 for our wedding on the beach. The rooms were right on the beach. Very nice, clean and staff was very friendly. The rooms have full kitchens with full sized refrigerator and stove. It had all the utinsels needed for cooking, plates,bowls, cups and even ice cube trays fully filled. My husband used the laundry room and it was very conveniant. It is located right next door to a popular seafood restaurant/bar. My one and only complaint was the price. For being a motel they could have been a little cheaper and more comparable with some of the other motels and cheaper hotels ex. Holiday Inn. We paid $250 per night which is crazyness even for Island prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island