The accomodations, beach view/access, and pool were just as described as pictured and promised. The cottage was very clean and beautifully updated. The staff was very accomodating. I needed an iron and one was provided instantaniously. The staff was very helpful in answering any and all questions. I was amazed that there was even a shuffle board court. Ihave not seen one nor played in over years. There is also a half basketball court. We have vacationed on Sanibel for a few years now, and wonder why we had not found this place sooner. We will definately return in future years. I am not a fan of daily maid service, as I do not easily trust anyone. Not having daily maid service was a non issue for us as fresh towels and miscellaneous items were always availableI found that the staff was more than accomodating if you expressed special needs or circumstances in advance. I would recommend that any friends or family visiting Sanibel stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Orbitz, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island