Stayed three nights in mid-August and had a great time. Decided to pay a little more for a cottage and it was definitely worth it. Felt like our own little vacation home. Simulated wood flooring throughout, separate bedroom, small (but fully equipped) kitchen and screened in patio. We didn't stay in 4,5,6 or 7, which have great Gulf views from the patio, but we could still see (and hear) the Gulf from ours. Pool area was clean and they provide towels. Didn't use the towel exchange as we were only there three nights. They have free coffee in the office every morning, which is great if you arrive late like we did and couldn't make it to the grocery store (they all seem to close at 10:00, even in Ft Meyers). Location is fantastic, just steps from the beach, and they have beach chairs you can use. Been to Sanibel a few times and love the atmosphere and beaches. Shalimar is by the best place we have stayed and will likely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island