My husband, two children (10 and 14) and I just returned from a nine-night stay at the Shalimar and could not have been more pleased with our accomodations in the motel efficiency. There was more than enough closet and drawer space (a pet peeve of mine), the place was absolutely immaculate, the decor lovely and the kitchenette with its full-size fridge an unexpected and welcome surprise. The screened balcony overlooking the beach was wonderful. The pool and the motel grounds were well-maintained and I cannot say enough complimentary things about the folks who staff the place--I was even provided with bug spray to combat the no-see-ums (the only bad thing about Sanibel).
My kids were happy with the video library and I was happy to be provided with a paperback selection. The lack of daily maid service was actually a blessing--no need to vacate the room and we didn't waste any towels. I cannot recommend the Shalimar more highly and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. The fact that it has so many return visitors is a testament to its excellence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island