We stayed at Casa Ybel three nights from November 18-21. This was our third or forth time staying at Casa Ybel over the past six or seven years and, although it is somewhat expensive for no more time than we spend in the room, we like knowing what to expect in terms of the well-maintained property and intangibles, such as the expansive private beach area, landscaping, solitude, quiet, and endless entertainment by many varieties of birds.
The pool, hot tub, and pool bar are very nice and popular to many of the guests. It's nice to go to the pool in the afternoon and actually get to watch a group of people having fun.
We had a one bedroom suite on the first floor, which is what I specifically requested. The first floor rooms have a screened in porch facing the ocean with a stairs going down to a grassy landscaped area next to the ocean beach. In addition to the porch, which we really enjoy, there was a full kitchen and living room. The suite was very clean and well cared for. Everything worked the way it was supposed to. The staff was all very friendly and seemed organized.
I especially appreciated the extra service provided on our departure. We had a very late flight, so when we checked out we were given a pass to use the pool for the rest of the day and given the use of a changing area in another building to get cleaned up before heading to the airport.
We really like Sanibel and Captiva and visit the islands at least every three or four years. We are so satisfied with Casa Ybel that we don't even explore any other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel