The location of Casa Ybel is fantastic, with all of the rooms having an ocean view. The rooms are nice but somewhat standard. My main problem was with the services, or lack thereof. If you go, make sure to book beach chairs in advance because we were told they have 122 rooms (accommodating 4 or more) and only 100 beach chairs! There were a lot of angry customers who didn't reserve in advance and were not given beach chairs and/or umbrellas. Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful but others were surly. The lunch restaurant by the pool is very good, but the dining room dinner is mediocre. We had a very nice vacation overall but just be aware of these problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel