Third visit to Sanibel, first time to Casa Ybel - a place we hope to return to again and again. We did a LOT of research on the various 'beachfront' resorts prior to our visit and finally decided on Casa Ybel, now we are grateful we did! We will be posting a number of vids on YouTube from our trip so you can see for yourself, but the fact of the matter is that this place is right on the beach and it's awesome
a) EVERY unit has a nice screened patio that looks out on the ocean.
b) The walk to the beach is very short and if you request one of the outer buildings, it's like having your own private beach because it's not crowded.
c) the pool area is really quite large for the size of resort and pool area they have a lot of pool floats that you can use for free to just relax
d) coconuts is the pool bar. they have happy hour from 3-5pm where you can get drafts for $2.50!
e) FREE Parking!
f) NO resort fees!
g) $30/day to rent 2 beach chairs and an umbrella - they set it up before 9am and take down after 5pm. Its worth it
h) amazing shelling on the beach and because not crowded you can get lots of good shells. they also have shell cleaning stations for you
i) rooms are larger than I thought they would be. great to have a full kitchen. they have all the dishes and appliances you would need including coffee maker, microwave, oven, full size fridge, and even a can opener (great when you brought beer but forgot the opener!). beds very comfortable, even the pullout mattress was comfortable (no bar in your back!)
j) friendly staff
k) did NOT get nickel and dimed to death like at most resort properties - like I said, no parking fees, no 'resort' fees, the ONLY thing we paid extra for on our final bill was just the cost to rent the beach chairs/umbrella and that was our choice and not something you 'have' to do if you don't want to.
l) great location, centrally located, with a lot of shops and eateries close by on periwkindle drive
m) large gas grills available in front of each unit, free to use
n) the 'first floor' units are actually on 2nd floor because buildings are elevated so if you have toddlers request first floor or else you will have to climb TWO flghts of stairs for upper level units
o) request to be near pool if you want to be 'close to the action'; request one of the outer units if you want a more quiet vacation - it's still a short walk to pool from outer units
p) other activities - beach volleyball, shuffleboard, kids playground, kids club activities (min age 4), etc
BOTTOM LINE - if you want to really stay on the beach in your own 'townhouse-like' private unit, this is the place for you. we hope to return here year after year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel