“Lit from within” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spatini Teabar

Spatini Teabar
More attraction details
Owner description: Spatini Teabar is a new concept, organic spa & salon. Expect the unexpected, including very reasonable prices and refreshing new, creative ways of delivering healthy, effective spa and salon services. Please visit our website for a full menu!
Osceola, Wisconsin
“Lit from within”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

The title may appear enigmatic, however there is a backstory. Our family has spent part of the last several winters on the Island of Sanibel and many of us have visited and enjoyed the services of Spatini. Whether there for a pedicure or massage, or a cup of their delicious tea, we have felt more like guests than customers. The ambiance is welcoming, soothing, the decor makes you feel as though you are sitting on the beach under a Palapa, and the staff are talented and kind. The owner, Amy, greeted my 85 year old mother on her first visit by telling her that she had "great energy and was lit from within"! All true and we still remind her of it several years later. How fun is that?,

Visited February 2014
AMY S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
OMG, you two are too much! Yes, I remember your Mom from the other year. She had incredible life energy and you all are a delight to take care of. Thank you for taking the time to write in. We happily look forward to your next visit. You are a blessing....much love, my Spatini friends!!

Earth, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Hair good - Massage bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

First off - Melanie the hair stylist is absolutely fantastic!! She is highly skilled and total pro - I was very happy to find her!
Because of that experience and a cute massage menu, my husband and I decided to get massages, as we try to on a regular basis. He went first and had a 80min full body deep tissue with the owner, Amy. He came away not impressed. He described the setting to be dark, dingy and a little creepy. He had to feel around for his belongings in the end. They have all treatments in one back room with bamboo dividers so, anything that goes on back there you can hear.
He said it was not enjoyable enough to rebook another treatment.
He found Amy cold/removed and not a very happy or friendly person.

A week later I decided to book a Thai Foot massage. It seemed Amy was the only one able to do it. Her being the owner and Therapist, I thought she must be very skilled. I really needed a treatment because I had been sick the week before. I was sooo looking forward to this.
My husband was right on in describing her personality.

I was greeted and led through the dark hallway to a mattress on the floor in the corner of the treatment areas bordered by two thin curtains real close to the most annoying "white noise" machine that sounds like and exhaust fan running! It was not relaxing or helpful - although Amy thought it was..?? I lay fully clothed on a bed where many have laid before me - and I cannot see at all the condition of what I am putting my head on, it was really dark!
I remove my shoes and socks as Amy prepares a foot bath - she brought over a plastic bin with about 4" of warm water just barely big enough for my feet fit -my toes were squinshed. She grabbed my feet splashes water over the tops and takes them out, & dries them off.
I giggled and thought, 'what was that'?!! Then, the massage proceeded just as another therapist clanged around next to us prepping for her treatment. Sorry the white noise machine did not help.
Amy took my foot and placed it on her knee and commenced. After a few minutes I had to grab support for under my knee, because it was hyperextending, and it was not feeling so good.
Now, I have has several amazing Thai treatments, feet included - and this WAS NOT a traditional Thai treatment. She then pulled out a bamboo stick and literally scraped the soles of my feel with a sharp edge about 3 times as I winced wondering 'what the heck!' - and went sharply between my toes....I clearly got the feeling that she was not very interested in doing a therapeutic treatment and hastily rushed through, as if anxious to get on to other business.
I am sure she does not know quite how to use that stick but, I would omit that from future therapies until better training has been sought!!!!! I was done on about 25 minutes (not 35)
I put my shoes on went out to pay my EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!... The receptionist first words were - - "Can I book another treatment for you?" not even asking, "how was it?"
Amy, the owner was at the front desk as well. She made eye contact with me, and turned about and went in the back...She never smiled or said, thank you for your business.... how was it? did you enjoy it? I hope to see you again...nothing!
I was really amazed but, really more so unhappy that I paid $80.00 bucks for that!!

In the end we will never go back - not even for hair by Melanie, and they get a crummy review. We don't want to support the business at large. Additionally, reading all of the owner Amy's replies and excuses for other crummy reviews - I would say they may end just remaining a hair salon with out all the hoopla and fluff of putting forth an image for therapy that really is not up to snuff.
Perhaps the owner might want to visit some other Spas and see how to treat a client from start to finish so there is NEVER a bad review or excuse to be made!
We did end up going to another Island therapist who was a pleasant pro with a great peaceful, clean space with gentle music who actually gave us a FULL 90 ( not 80) minute massage for less money. Now, she will see us again!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank feather2001
AMY S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Oh, my.......what can I say? I certainly don't want to be accused of making excuses. I do try, however, to be educational, informative and helpful. I have a lack of experience? I've been doing massage for 17 years with four years of those years in Thai Foot massage learned from Thailand. The "mattress on the floor" she mentioned is what is called a Thai floor mat. The Thai foot stick that was so "sharp" on her? We use a rounded wooden stick that is made in Thailand for this service. When one has toxicity in their body, it will feel more "sharp" on certain points, just as it can with regular foot reflexology. More toxins, more tenderness. Our "plastic" t foot bath? It is a $300 chocolate brown resin spa tub that we receive many compliments on. Dark and creepy? Haven't heard that one yet. I'm cold,unhappy, removed, unfriendly and unprofessional? Wow. What does one say to such comments? Do people really find it gratifying to not let you know face to face that they are unhappy with services and then write pages of disparaging remarks from the safety of their computers? Hopefully my love of people and healing, joy and gratitude are not only evident in my other management responses but also in my every day dealings with people. It sounds like this woman and her husband are most happy with traditional spa/salons with music and predictable/typical surroundings. I'm glad she found something she can return to and enjoy. I hope she remembers to write them a NICE review.
Fort Worth, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Girls Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My mom, sister and I spent a long weekend on Sanibel and decided it would be great to have a day of pampering. After carefully reviewing spas on TripAdvisor, we settled on Spatini. I contacted them via email at first, to verify the availability and make sure we'd all be able to have done what we'd like. Amy, the owner, replied right away and between email and telephone, we figured out all of our services. Upon arrival, everything ran smoothly. Since they are in a small location and have limited facilities (such as one facial area), our day had to be well choreographed. We all had facials, mani-tinis and pedi-tinis. One of us had a salt glow, one a massage, one a new hair cut. All of the staff were warm and accommodating. We all loved our facials and the salt glow was very invigorating, yet relaxing. The included teas made it fun too - a large selection made it fun to try something new, and further added to the relaxing nature of our spa day.
I have had spa services done at a number of different places - resorts, cruises, private facilities, etc. Although the location might seem strange to some, it did not detract from the overall goal, which was to relax and be pampered. The prices were outstanding compared to what you would pay elsewhere, with much more personal and kind staff. Their goal of being environmentally friendly is another great perk!
I would highly recommend Spatini if you are looking for any of the services they offer. Just relax and let them do their thing - communicate about what is important to you and you won't be disappointed!

Visited November 2013
AMY S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We LOVED working with you as you celebrated your Sister's accomplishment. You all were delightful to work with and we look forward to your next visit, whenever that may be! Thank you for taking the time to share some very nice words. Congratulations again to your Sister! Blessings to all of you.
Sanibel Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Eyebrow trouble?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I tried several places to get my brows done. Spat-Tini was the only place that did a superb job tinting and waxing my brows. Melanie did the tint/wax and did a fantastic job. Definitely use their services!

Visited October 2013
AMY S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write in! We are so happy you are pleased and hope to see you again!!
Dayton, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you appreciate deep tissue massage...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

...this is the place. My wife and I had deep tissue massage here and had equally good experience. I had a masseuse named Corey and my wife worked with Amy. In comparison, each of them had great hand strength and we both felt relaxed having received exactly what we requested. If you don't have experience with deep tissue work I would not start at that level; the pressure can be significant. They certainly can provide the experience you seek. We both get massage frequently and agree this was the right place for us to have gone in Sanibel.

Visited August 2013
AMY S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for coming back again and again! We really appreciate the time you took to write a review! We love our guests! See you next year....