“Poor Pedicure and Gel Nails”
Review of Spatini Teabar

Spatini Teabar
More attraction details
Owner description: Spatini Teabar is a new concept, organic spa & salon. Expect the unexpected, including very reasonable prices and refreshing new, creative ways of delivering healthy, effective spa and salon services. Please visit our website for a full menu!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in for a Pedicure and Gel Nails. It has only been a week and my Gel Nails are peeling. They really didn't seem to know what they were doing. My daugher had one coat of polish on one hand and two coats on the other so her nails don't match. No attention to cuticles or nail prep.

As far as the pedicure, mine was o.k. however, my daughter had nail polish all around the skin surrounding the nail. If your looking for a quality manicure or pedicure I would look else where.

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Wow...good thing we live on a small island! After researching this guest, I figured things out. We could not find her in our bookings this year at all. As it turned out, this island visitor actually visited a competitor business down the street! What a shame she was confused. Woopsie!!

There are newer reviews for Spatini Teabar

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been there three times and every time it was a wonderful experience !!!! Melanie does my haircut & color( I would fly here to have her do it ). I have had messages,eyelash dye,eyebrow dye,etc. it is a wonderful & relaxing atmosphere,with a complementary tea of your choice. I even bought several Christmas presents there & the hair products are wonderful!!!! They offer many other services all of which I will try !!!! If u need anything be sure to call or stop in and get a menu of everything they offer and if u need a great hair cut,be sure to ask for Melanie!!!!!!!!!

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

How awesome of you to write in! I'm so glad you're pleased with us, as well as Melanie. We look forward to your next visit! : )

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a couples massage and it was such a quaint setting and were not disappointed with the hot rock massage we both received. They have the ambiance down pat at this spa with low lighting and soft music playing...it is serene and they cater to your day spa needs. It is located in the Jerry's Market complex. Worth the money and who doesn't want to be pampered? You're on vacation...spoil yourself! :)

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much. We remember you and your husband very well. We enjoyed working for you and are always glad to make new Spatini friends! Thank you for your time to share your positive reflection with us!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I wanted a gel-manicure while on vacation. A little treat for myself. Staff was able to schedule me same day I called. Maybe not a good sign. Why weren't they busier? First needed my old gel polish removed. It was not all taken off. Then no attention to cuticles, hang nails etc. Poor selection of colors. Nails were painted then some cuticle oli applied. No lotion, hand massage or anything. Salon is very dark. When I got back to condo, saw what a poor job was done painting my nails. The polish did not go all the way to cuticles or to outside edge of my nails. Looks like my nails had already grown out for 10 days. That is why I needed manicure in the first place. I hate to leave this beautiful island, but will be going to get my nails redone at home in Ohio. My 25 year old nail tech at home is much more thorough and into detail for same price. Amy, the salon owner did my nails, so, no excuse for a poor job.

2  Thank Jenpburg
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

After New Years week till about the second week in February is a quieter time on the island. I do recommend that time if you wish to avoid the crowds and get appointments easily, as this guest was able.
This particular woman had scheduled gel application and removal only. As she, unfortunately, had a brand of gel on her nails that was not ours, it was quite stubborn to remove. Most of the heavier chemical laden color gels out there can be that way. Ours, however, does remove quite nicely and quickly and contains no cancer causing formaldehyde or other harsh chemicals. We removed her gel the best we could without wanting to damage her nail beds. We would rather leave a "smidge" of gel on that is not lifting, rather than scrape, buff or abrade a nail and damage it.
As far as cuticle or hang nail work; ladies - do not let ANYONE cut your cuticles! It is against State regulations and exposes you to infection. However, removing a hang nail that is dead, white and standing up waving at you can be carefully clipped.
Lastly, at Spatini, if you would like more cuticle care with your gel polish application, you need to book a gel MANICURE. This guest just booked a gel removal and application. That is why it was only $24. A gel manicure, which would have most likely satisfied her desire, would have taken care of anything else she preferred. Still wishing to remain reasonable, a gel manicure at Spatini is only $34 and still includes complimentary organic iced or hot tea.
Thank you everyone! Blessings!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My niece and I each got a pedi-tini pedicure for $20. It was a great pedicure for a really reasonable price. It came with a complimentary tea which was great and the service was fantastic. This was perfect for those that want a nice pedicure but don't want to spend tons of time at a salon. They do have a longer traditional spa pedicure too. The setting was really nice and relaxing, much cuter than your typical nail salon.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We look forward to serving you again. : )