“Pure Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spatini Teabar

Spatini Teabar
More attraction details
Owner description: Spatini Teabar is a new concept, organic spa & salon. Expect the unexpected, including very reasonable prices and refreshing new, creative ways of delivering healthy, effective spa and salon services. Please visit our website for a full menu!
Minnesota, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pure Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a couples massage and it was such a quaint setting and were not disappointed with the hot rock massage we both received. They have the ambiance down pat at this spa with low lighting and soft music playing...it is serene and they cater to your day spa needs. It is located in the Jerry's Market complex. Worth the money and who doesn't want to be pampered? You're on vacation...spoil yourself! :)

Visited February 2013
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much. We remember you and your husband very well. We enjoyed working for you and are always glad to make new Spatini friends! Thank you for your time to share your positive reflection with us!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I wanted a gel-manicure while on vacation. A little treat for myself. Staff was able to schedule me same day I called. Maybe not a good sign. Why weren't they busier? First needed my old gel polish removed. It was not all taken off. Then no attention to cuticles, hang nails etc. Poor selection of colors. Nails were painted then some cuticle oli applied. No lotion, hand massage or anything. Salon is very dark. When I got back to condo, saw what a poor job was done painting my nails. The polish did not go all the way to cuticles or to outside edge of my nails. Looks like my nails had already grown out for 10 days. That is why I needed manicure in the first place. I hate to leave this beautiful island, but will be going to get my nails redone at home in Ohio. My 25 year old nail tech at home is much more thorough and into detail for same price. Amy, the salon owner did my nails, so, no excuse for a poor job.

2 Thank Jenpburg
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
After New Years week till about the second week in February is a quieter time on the island. I do recommend that time if you wish to avoid the crowds and get appointments easily, as this guest was able.
This particular woman had scheduled gel application and removal only. As she, unfortunately, had a brand of gel on her nails that was not ours, it was quite stubborn to remove. Most of the heavier chemical laden color gels out there can be that way. Ours, however, does remove quite nicely and quickly and contains no cancer causing formaldehyde or other harsh chemicals. We removed her gel the best we could without wanting to damage her nail beds. We would rather leave a "smidge" of gel on that is not lifting, rather than scrape, buff or abrade a nail and damage it.
As far as cuticle or hang nail work; ladies - do not let ANYONE cut your cuticles! It is against State regulations and exposes you to infection. However, removing a hang nail that is dead, white and standing up waving at you can be carefully clipped.
Lastly, at Spatini, if you would like more cuticle care with your gel polish application, you need to book a gel MANICURE. This guest just booked a gel removal and application. That is why it was only $24. A gel manicure, which would have most likely satisfied her desire, would have taken care of anything else she preferred. Still wishing to remain reasonable, a gel manicure at Spatini is only $34 and still includes complimentary organic iced or hot tea.
Thank you everyone! Blessings!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great prices & friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My niece and I each got a pedi-tini pedicure for $20. It was a great pedicure for a really reasonable price. It came with a complimentary tea which was great and the service was fantastic. This was perfect for those that want a nice pedicure but don't want to spend tons of time at a salon. They do have a longer traditional spa pedicure too. The setting was really nice and relaxing, much cuter than your typical nail salon.

Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We look forward to serving you again. : )
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Amy was WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked an appointment at Spatini today and told them my shoulders, neck, and head were my problem areas and that I would like a massage to accomodate those areas. I also informed Amy the masseuse that I frequently get migraines. She knew exactly what trigger points to focus on and helped my headaches tremendously! She spent a lot of time massaging my problem areas and even continued on to massage the rest of my body. She made sure I was warm and cozy and offered me water or tea multiple times which was very nice. She knew exactly what I was talking about with my migraines and knew what to do to ease the pain. After receiving my massage I now feel loose and much less tense. She was very kind and great to talk to. I highly recommend this place! Don't listen to the bad reviews, it is obvious that the people on here writing the bad reviews didn't do their research on what a TINI service is. If I lived in Sanibel I would come once a week!

Visited December 2012
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. You warmed my heart. I'm so blessed to have been able to help you as well as many others. I feel blessed to benefit from your time and effort in passing on kind words. I'm very glad to have had the opportunity to help you! Thank you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely the worse...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Without a doubt, the worse salon I have had the displeasure of patronizing, EVER. If you are visiting Sanibel Island, do NOT under any circumstances go to this salon. In Nov. 2012, my mother and I went there for nail treatments, myself for a mani, my mom was to have gotten a mani and pedi. When I made the appointments, in person, none of the services were explained to me. This salon "prides" itself on what it calls "tini" services, i.e., "mani-tini", "pedi-tini", etc. This is a TEN MINUTE manicure and/or pedicure for which they charge TWENTY DOLLARS. The tech that I had clearly was not a nail tech and she admitted to me at one point that she was "called in" to perform my service & nails weren't what she normally did. This is what I got for my 20 BUCKS...I kid you not: she filed my nails, poorly I must add. She then began pushing my cuticles back, DRY. I said that it was painful & asked her to soak them. I was told "that was not included in my treatment". She then used a sugar scrub on my hands and quickly rinsed it off in a small bowl, leaving a lot of the scrub still on my hands & fingers. When I realized at this point that she was done with my "manicure" (haha), I looked at her and said, "that's it?...I'm confused; what kind of manicure is this?" She said to me, didn't they explain when you made the appointment and when I said no, she started pointing fingers at various employees to determine who had made my appointment and when it couldn't be determined, she vaguely explained the "tini" services, which is what we were getting. I was dumbfounded. She then proceeded to the polishing point of the service. My hands were greasy & gritty. I asked her if I should wash my hands & pay before she started painting my nails. "No, you'll have time to dry while you wait for your mom", she said. I looked around; no nail dryers. I told her to forget it & not paint my nails because I'm sure you ladies who are reading this would know, my nails would have been wet for hours with four coats of nail polish on them. That was IT. In addition, my mom & I made our mani appointments together to sit together & enjoy each other's company. They have two mani stations side by side. When I walked in, one of the employees had brought their child with them to work & the child was sitting at the 2nd mani station, with play dough and toys spread over the entire table. So they would not accommodate us together so they could ACCOMMODATE said child.

In the meantime, my poor mother was getting what I will loosely call in this review a "pedicure". They have no pedicure chairs. She was seated in a small chair in the waiting area of the salon. There was no place for her to rest her head so if she wanted to rest her head back, she was looking straight up at the ceiling. The technician sat on the COFFEE TABLE and put my mother's feet in her lap. The owner seems to pride herself in telling folks about her spectacular "teak root tree" in the "social pedi-circle"...it's a coffee table in the WAITING AREA and they're doing pedis there because they have no room to do them anywhere else...'nuff said. She put a small amount of scrub on the bottom of her feet only and then rinsed her feet in a large bowl with a watering can. When my mom asked her to file & clip her toenails, she was told she had to pay extra for that. The nail polish was thick and of poor quality and my mother's toenails later that day were lumpy and ruined from the poor product that was used. The technician kept complaining that the polish was too thick, but stated she couldn't do anything about it because the salon was "all natural" and she wasn't allowed to thin out the polish with nail polish remover. But wait, dear reader! First of all, when my mom sat down for this pedi, she had polish on her toes WHICH WAS REMOVED WITH NAIL POLISH REMOVER!! My mother also had shellac polish on her fingers nails. The tech told my mother that in order to remove the shellac polish that was on her fingers, she would have to pay an ADDITIONAL $20...and how exactly were they going to REMOVE IT without using a chemical polish remover?? Were they planning on hitting the Sanibel beach, gathering shells & scraping it off??! In the meantime, I nonchalantly walked over to my mother & explained that she should skip the mani because her nails would never dry. She gave me the "thank you for getting me out of here" look of relief. And also during this time, my nail tech had the nerve to hover around me & my mother, clearly waiting for me to tip her. It was down-right obnoxious and embarrassing and was just the icing on the cake to this completely unprofessional and horrid experience.

Oh, and the complimentary tea you're to get with your service? We were offered it upon paying, clearly an afterthought. Just stay away from this place completely. I don't know where the owner of this salon got this hair-brained idea for these "tini" appointments, but it is simply ridiculous. If you're looking for a spa day with a friend or loved one, cross back over the causeway & hit one of the many lovely salons in Fort Myers or an off-island resort. You'll be glad & relived that you did.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank ising1227
Amy S, Owner at Spatini Teabar, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I sincerely hope that anyone dissatisfied would contact me so that we can make thing right by them. Unfortunately, the annonimity of a review posting can lead to harsher words than one might say otherwise. That said, I will address the issue. The technician that worked that day with her child and his belongings all over the floor and manicure area has since been dismissed due to her slow and unprofessional performance. We have a high standard of expectation and performance that we hold for our technicians. Anything less is not acceptable. Please know that we have corrected this error and we hope the dissatisfied client will contact us.

Yes, Mani-tinis and Pedi-tinis certainly DO work and are both effective and relaxing, when properly performed. So many people love our innovative manner of doing things, our "non-A-typical" spa furniture, and our environment, that we now offer licensure to interested parties that would like to open a Spatini Teabar. We are currently considering two such applications.

Please realize that when so many reviews are positive, the one or two unsatisfied guests are not the norm. We will continue to strive to deliver exceptional spa & salon services in our intimate, unique environment.

Blessings.......