Sanibel Island Beach Resort(Sanibel Island)
$143
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$169
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$199
Song of the Sea
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Sunset Beach Inn
Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$99
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$179
$152
Orbitz.com
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$159
$150
Priceline
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$299
$290
Hotels.com
2,266 results
All reviewspool barnormandie restauranton site restaurantbutterfly gardensecond floorpool sidescreened in porchgulf view roomgreat poolan umbrellagreat shellingno see umsrent bikesbeach frontking bedgulf of mexicosea shells
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor when looking for a place to stay in Florida and settled on Sanibel Island, more specifically the West Wind Inn. I have to say I was very impressed with our 5 night experience at the hotel. We had a room with a kitchenette as it was a nice accomodation for groceries, since the restaurants on the island were average at best. If you opt for this ammeity get your groceries in Fort Myers, since the supermarkets on the island are way overpriced.

The room was in very good condition, relatively new condition, clean and a nice size balcony on the second floor of the hotel. If you stay here, make sure you get a second floor view as it appears every unit has a nice view of the pool and ocean. The service was top notch and our room was always cleaned by 11am with fresh towels, coffee and popcorn. Everyone at the hotel including guests were extremely friendly.

The atmosphere is very peaceful and quiet. A lot of families and older couples stay here and on the island, so don't expect a Cancun style spirng break atmosphere. The beach is great, but you have to spend $20 if you want to rent two beach chairs and an umbrella. Make sure you bring some money for the causeway to get into Sanibel Island, it's $6 every time you cross into the island. I highly recommend, but whatever you do stay away from the Gasparilla Grill...very poor service, average food and overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BackDBags
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My husband and I have just returned from the West Wind Inn after another wonderful week's vacation. It is our fifth trip and it gets better each time! A wonderful welcome and a lovely gulf view room with kitchen and double shower. Free coffee all day in reception. Pool area still as good and loads of white beach towels for the guests to use. Shelling still great - dolphins swimming close to shore and ospreys overhead - just another wonderful week in paradise!! We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2008

We went to the West Wind Inn at Sanibel for a week at the end of March, having spent 2 weeks at Orlando doing the Disney thing with our 2 children. The idea was to chill out and relax before returning home to the UK.

We were so pleased with the choice of Sanibel and the West Wind Inn! It ticked all the boxes - quiet, beautiful, on the beach, clean, helpful.........

When we arrived the room we were allocated had a view of the beach and the sea - what a glorious view! The room itself was comfortable with 2 double beds, a small kitchen area, a bathroom which had a shower and bath and a small balcony with a table and 2 chairs. The only downside for us was that although there was a coffee making machine and a microwave, there was no cutlery at all. We asked staff for a teaspoon to make tea and coffee and were given a plastic one! However, this was just a very very small negative in a whole lot of positives!

The swimming pool area was clean and although the hotel was full, there was never a problem finding a sunbed. We spoke to a couple by the pool who said they had been at the hotel for nearly 3 months!

The food was excellent - we only stayed at the resort for breakfast because there was a great choice of restaurants on the island (We loved Gasperellos and Doc Fords but didnt like the Island Cow - far too busy!) The breakfast offered a good choice and we particularly liked the mixed fruit bowl served with a warm croissant.

The beach was one of the best shelling beaches in the world and we got very addicted to collecting shells every day. We very frequently saw 2 dolphins that came very close to the shore when out on the beach.

We would recommend the West Wind Hotel to anybody - it was a fantastic location on a lovely island off the side of Florida. We would definintely return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2008

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at the West Wind, and it was pretty much as we expected it would be based on the many reviews on this site. We enjoyed its location close to the beach; the snack bar at the pool was quite nice and the food was good. Although we never tried the restaurant at the hotel, we did try a number of local places; our favorite was Doc Ford's. We went twice since the first time was so enjoyable. The only complaint I had was the king bed in our unit. The mattress was soft and the fitted sheet came off very easily. I ended up knotted up in the sheet every night. I suppose no place is quite perfect from my perspective, but overall we were very pleased. The hotel was quite at night in spite of the number of children at the pool, and housekeeping did a nice job each day. We certainly hope to visit again and I suppose that is the real test of accomadations.
I was disappointed in the golf course I tried, The Dunes. It was fairly expensive and I definitely got the impression that they felt as if they were doing me a favor to let me play there. They bordered on rude. Go off island for your golf, but stay at the West Wind. Sanibel is lovely!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank presleyTennessee
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My husband and I wanted to go on a family friendly vacation with our 2 year old. After a lot of research online about hotels, I had a good feeling about the West Wind Inn. I was right! We had a guest room on the 2nd floor with a Gulf view. It was well worth it! When our 2 year old was napping or went to bed we could still enjoy the beach and view from our screened in patio. We loved how close the walk to the beach was and how convenient with a 2 year old because you never know when they will want to move on to a new activity. The beach was nice. We loved going on morning and evening walks to view the water, dolphins, and collect shells. The service was always nice and very helpful. We can't wait to come back!