West Wind Inn
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)
$249
$209
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$250
$219
Sanibel Inn
Very Good 4/5
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
Seaside Inn
Great 4.5/5
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$199
$145
Very Good 4/5
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$153
$138
Very Good 4/5
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
Official Site
$180
Travelocity
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,120 results
All reviewspool barnormandie restauranton site restaurantbutterfly gardensecond floorscreened in porchpool sidegreat poolgulf viewan umbrellano see umsgreat shellingbike rentalsbeach frontking bedsea shellsoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Inn rarely disappoints. Fishing the beach behind the Inn is best from June to September. Lots of tourists during the winter season keep the island itself and the Inn quite busy. Book during the off-season.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank shallowwaterangler
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for reviewing West Wind Inn. Your praise is appreciated and we'r sure other visitors will benefit from your insights.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I spent 5 days at West Wind Inn with my mom. This was a first time trip to Sanibel Island. I thought the location was perfect. It is centrally located so you are no more than 5-10 minutes from any of the major attractions/shopping areas/restaurants on the island. The Inn itself is also in a quiet area, right on the beach. The place is older and the rooms are small, but we found everything to be well maintained and clean. The kitchenette had everything we needed. We ate breakfast and dinner in and had lunches out. The screened balcony was also nice. We enjoyed the large pool as well. We met may nice people, everyone was friendly. We had drinks at the bar the first night, which were really awful, that would be my one complaint. If you are looking for luxury, this place is not for you. If you want a quiet location on the beach with simple comforts, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor have easier access to pool and beach.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dbh-Sparta
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Your review reflects the goals we try to achieve. PS: What kind of drinks were they? Our philosophy is, if you order a drink and is isn't what you expect, send it back for a different one.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

West Wind Inn was a wonderful place. This was our first time to Sanibel Island and we will be back. This place is simple, but well run. Oceanview and easy access to the beach. Pool area is clean and nice. Wildlife is great, also.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Loveflipflops
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

So glad you found West Wind Inn to your liking. We appreciate hearing from you so we can learn from guests how we are doing. We look forward to your return visit, and promise to deliver the TRUE SANIBEL experience that our guests expect. -
Rene Affourtit, General Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I read all the glowing four and five star reviews in TA and thought, "Wow, this place sounds great.". So I agree to plunk down close to $200 per night (this is off season pricing) for a "Gulf view" room and look forward to my long awaited Snook fishing trip on Sanibel Island. However, when I arrive, I am given the key to a dark, musty smelling room filled with what looks to be 1970s vintage furniture, complete with a tired king sized bed and even more exhausted pillows. Yes, the kitchenette and the quite cramped bath had recently been refinished, but this surely didn't make up for these accommodations and certainly not at these prices. So four days pass. What fun, what luxury. I couldn't wait to get home.

Really, I just don't get it. Could it be me, I wondered? Do I lack some fundamental tolerance or acceptance for being served second rate goods for first rate fees. Yes, the beach is great; and yes, the staff is nice, but this does not a great motel make. So where do all the great reviews come from??? I just returned from a month in Australia and New Zealand and all but one of our lodgings were far nicer and most of them cost less than this "Inn." I suspect this place is a sensational cash cow for its owners--who do the minimum to keep the customers content, ergo the new baths and kitchens, but no more than absolutely necessary, thus the thin, limp bath towels, the veteran bed, and the end of the campaign pillows. I'm just sorry it was my wallet that was milked.

Or maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe compared to the rest of Sanibel's inkeepers, this place is really a peach. I hope that's not the case. I close with the observation that picking hotels, even with a service like Trip Advisor, is a bit like Internet dating: One has to have a heathy sense of skepticism, and be prepared to dine with more than a few dogs. Oh, and never make the same mistake twice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank axisstar
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We're sorry to learn that your accommodations at West Wind Inn didn't live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, however, and especially your nice comments about our friendly staff, who we encourage to make every guest feel welcome and well-served. Should your travels bring you back to Sanibel Island, please give us another opportunity to satisfy you. -
Renee Affourtit,General Manger

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is the first time my wife and i have been away by our selfs in 25 years always had our kids with our , The inn is excellent , clean, quite , and the staff go out of there way to help you , small full bar near the pool nice beach 200' from our door , we will return

Room Tip: 148-152 are right on the beach , we had room 137 very quite first floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple