Sanibel Island Beach Resort(Sanibel Island)
$179
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$299
Official Site
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$279
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$239
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
Song of the Sea
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$385
$289
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$289
Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$249
2,270 results
All reviewspool barnormandie restauranton site restaurantbutterfly gardensecond floorpool sidescreened in porchgulf view roomgreat poolan umbrellagreat shellingno see umsrent bikesbeach frontking bedgulf of mexicosea shells
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay at WW Inn. Our room faced the gulf and the screened in porch was wonderful. The kitchenette was great, we used it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Especially helpful b/c the food on the island has been so disappointing. The cleaning service did a beautiful job every day. Only complaint, very weak toilet! The pool is the best, not a chlorine pool but I think must use a saline filtration? It the best pool water I've ever swam in. Pool bar is great, expensive but strong drinks. Front desk ladies very accommodating. We never tried the food but maybe next time! Beach lovely!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is my tenth year visiting Sanibel and have always stayed at West Wind Inn. The main reason to stay is its proximity to the beach. In my experience, the rooms have been clean and the breakfasts been good. However, this past week something has changed. The cleanliness of my room was not what I would expect...specifically, I thought the bathroom needed attention in that the floor had sand on it and a hair was in the soap dish. However, the biggest disappointment were the people at the front desk. Never once did I feel welcome. When I called to order lounge chairs and an umbrella for the beach the woman awkwardly laughed and offered what I thought was a very curt response. When I asked to extend my stay I was given another curt response. I also thought it interesting that never once did anyone at the front desk say to me welcome back because they had no idea I was a repeat customer, which is something I would think management would want to know. It wasn't until my wife and I walked into the Normandie restaurant that our food server recognized us and said "Welcome Back" I'm not the kind that likes to complain...I just don't go back.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view of the ocean, ask for Rooms 250 or 251.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank John R
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay, yet too low-key to even call a "hotel"! We had a beautiful ocean view room with a king-size bed, screened porch, kitchenette, flat screen T.V., full-size refridgerator, and a charming little bathroom with great lighting!!! The front desk staff was very friendly, and housekeeping was on top of things! The only complaints I would have is that there was an annoying flickering light outside of our room that no one bothered to fix, some bugs got into our room, not much privacy on porches, and the hotel itself isn't really close to anything except for other hotels and instant beach access. Overall, I would return there, it is definitely paradise to most!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

What a nice review! Thank you. It's gratifying to read your stay was so enjoyable. Sorry about the flickering light. Did you mention it to our staff during your stay? We would have seen to fixing it had we known, and had a quick fix been possible. But we are pleased to learn it was a minimal annoyance and did not appear to affect your overall satisfaction with your stay. Thank you. -
Renee Affourtit, General Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the West Wind Inn and we were very disappointed this time. Our room was clean the prior visits but this time the bathroom was unacceptable. We arrived very late due to bad weather and my husband had to actually clean the toilet before we could use it even though it had a sanitized strip across it. The next morning I noticed hair in the shower which was just gross. This is not an inexpensive hotel so we expected the bathroom to be clean. We left the next morning to visit Busch Gardens and returned around 10:30 pm to find our room had not been serviced. Trash still in the cans, bed unmade, no clean towels and dirty towels were we left them that morning and to make matters extremely worse there were ants everywhere. My husband had to throw out all the food we brought along with the rest of the trash. When he went to the office to let the desk clerk know about the ants he was given a plastic unmarked (except for the word "ants") spray bottle and told someone would come to the room the next day. I would never treat a guest in my home that way and sure don't appreciate having to spray for bugs in a hotel I've paid to stay in. We stayed 6 days and with the room situation aside we love the location, the beautiful pool with the pool bar for drinks and food you can order and not have to leave the pool area. We have rented bikes onsite which is very convenient and again the location can't be beat. Upon check out my husband discussed our concerns with the manager who with each concern apologized and said other than that was everything ok? I always check TripAdvisor reviews before staying someplace new and that is the reason I am being totally honest about the cleanliness of the room. Hopefully these issues will be corrected for future guests - we will be staying elsewhere when we make our annual trip to Sanibel.

Room Tip: The rooms with the updated bathrooms are much nicer than the rooms that have not been remodeled.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple