All reviewsshelling bagfree lounge chairstiki bar by the poolfish tacosping pong tableking roomupon checkpalm treesnice staythe room was nicemini fridgestayed longerbeautiful groundson site restaurantsea shellsspring breakrent bikes
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Sanibel and Captiva Island is great place to visit one of the nicest barrier islands on the gulf coast of Florida great beaches lots of nice places to eat and there is 22 miles of cycle lanes with lots of wildlife to see

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear David C, Thank you so much for your 5 star rating. We greatly appreciate it as well as the time you took to share your comments. It sounds like you took advantage of some of the super highlights on Sanibel including the great beaches, variety of restaurants, abundance of bike paths and the wildlife. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Having travelled the world (more than 80 countries, incl. Maldives Seychelles Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Hawaii, Tahiti and almost all Caribbean islands) but the last time I had to stay in such a dark, smelly, dirty room was 45 yrs ago in Kenya, but then I paid 15 Dollars and not 200 !
Coffee maker on the wash basin, bathroom outdated, minibar empty and a view towards the parking ! No sound proof walls and neighbour guests drinking and partying until 6am !
No shade at the beach, sunbeds are removed at 6 pm, pool bar closes at 6 pm.
What sort of beach hotel is this ! ??
And on top the beach WAS NOTHING SPECIAL : one of the best beaches of USA?
Poor USA, any beach in Portugal is cleaner, whiter and has much more shells.
What a mistake to go there: Lost time, lost money and being treated rude for a sum of money you could have a beach house with butler in other places.....

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Vilalapa, Thank you for your review, I appreciate the time and detail you spent. I truly apologize that it appears we missed opportunities to make your stay pleasant. This is not a typical experience for our guests. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 10/7-10/14. The grounds are pretty and the rooms are clean. My only complaint is that the beds were very uncomfortable. I inquired about switching room but was told all the rooms had the same beds. They did offer to let us switch rooms but I didn't because I didn't want to dirty another room if the beds were the same. Went to Walmart and bought a mattress topper and it was ok for the rest of the trip. We did eat at the restaurant our first night there, it was ok, nothing to rave about. We did not use the pool or beach bar. The shelling at the beach was great better than some of the public beaches. One thing I did notice was the no see ums at the hotel are bad. I've been to Florida many times and never been bit but this year I got tons of bites, it's not the hotels fault more of just a warning to make sure you wear bug spray. Overall was a good stay and would probably stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dear Dani T, We are honored you selected our location for your mother-daughter getaway! We hope you created some great memories! Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I truly apologize that the bed was uncomfortable for you and that the no-see-ums were active during the time you were with us. On days that are humid they can be more active and insect repellant is a method many elect to keep them at bay. Happy to hear that your overall stay was good and that you would probably stay here again.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

From the second you enter the lobby and and get a wonderful greeting, you know you made the right choice. The two young ladies behind the counter, Cindy & Claudia were so friendly, accommodating and very professional. Check in was smooth and very quick.
As it is a resort, there were a few items to understand. The packet was ready and very understandable and if by chance there were questions, Cindy made you know she was there for us.Very impressive and welcome. The resort is small yet complete for a restful stay. Grounds were well kept and clean. There was always staff nearby if needed. Rooms were exceptionally clean, especially when you consider the very fine sand!
Sanibel is a smaller island with many amenities nearby. A definite location to visit.
Make sure to say Hi to Cindy & Claudia!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Mark, I have already shared your review with both Claudia and Cindy! There were thrilled that they helped to make your stay a great one and that you took the time to mention them by name. We appreciate the five star rating as well as the compliments regarding staff, cleanliness, grounds and location. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Imagine the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico and an endless beach! This beach has the most beautiful sea shells - so if you enjoy shelling, this is the place to be! Friendly staff, comfy rooms and a restaurant with wonderful food. The pool bar is a very laid-back affair.
All in all an excellent place to relax and wind down after a long trip from Europe! I highly recommend this place and plan to visit again with my wife!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Martin M and wife, Thank you so much for selecting our resort as your place to relax and wind down after that long trip from Europe. The flight and the time change can certainly leave one seeking time to do just that and I am pleased we were exactly what you needed! We appreciate your kind comments about the restaurant, the staff and the room. I will share your feedback with the team.
Kind regards,