All reviewsshelling bagfree lounge chairstiki bar by the poolfish tacosping pong tableking roomupon checkpalm treesnice staythe room was nicemini fridgestayed longerbeautiful groundson site restaurantsea shellsspring breakrent bikes
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We stayed here as a family over the years when it was a holiday inn but was a little apprehensive if it would be the same now not a holiday inn but we was not disappointed. My parents who have stayed several times over the past 20 years and us consisting of hubby and I plus three boys 16, 8 and 5 had an amazing break where the children gained confidence in the water both pool and sea. The staff where all friendly and helpful even adapting skills where needed, some areas a little tired but have been told there plans I would say don't change it too much,part of the resorts charm is the the quiet and small size of the resort. More options for food and a bar that's open longer would be nice. Thank you for a lovely time.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Gemma792014
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Gemma792014, I was excited to read your review and to learn this property has been a part of your family for so many years. Sanibel and this property will always maintain the charm you have come to love, even with any improvements! Our Food & Beverage outlets are also continually striving to serve guest pleasers and we will share those comments. Thank you for giving a 'shout out' to the staff. They truly enjoy providing great service. Many of our staff have been with the hotel for well over five years and love to see repeat guests come back. Hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2017

A true retreat! Just what my hubby and I needed after a stressful few months with a sick family member. I wanted a quiet beach without the temptation of too many activities, and that is just what I got – a true oasis where my days consisted of sleeping in (no alarms), then taking the short stroll across the beautiful grounds to the very comfortable lounge chairs on the beach where my husband would set up our umbrella (a must bring!) and then serve me a delicious margarita made by the awesome bartender Darron. We simply sunbathed, walked, swam, and collected shells until happy hour when we would move to the tiki bar/pool area and enjoy low key conversation with guests from all over the world. The tempura chicken tenders are delicious – everybody gets them – and you can’t beat the $2 beer. We had dinner every night at La Bella Vita, the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel, because it was THAT DELICIOUS and the service was outstanding. We happened to be there on a full moon weekend which made our after-dinner walk on the beach extra romantic. From Nadra and Claudia at the front desk, to the very comfortable room, to the peaceful grounds, lovely beach, and excellent tiki bar/restaurant, the Sanibel Island Beach Resort is my new favorite spot in Florida for a truly relaxing get-away!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Astonboats

Dear Astonboats,
Please know that our thoughts are with you regarding your sick family member! It is heart-warming that we could be the location for you and your husband to be a true oasis for you. I will share with all of the staff your comments and let Daren, Claudia and Nadra know that you remarked about them individually! It is a very big compliment that you selected our restaurant, LaBellaVita, to have dinner every night. Thank you for making us your favorite spot in Florida and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2017

We visited Sanibel Island Beach Resort this weekend for a quick weekend getaway and it was amazing. It is a small boutique style 3 star hotel, the rooms are standard and not to many amenities but it is outstanding because;;;
1. The Staff is GREAT. From the moment you check in to the staff in the restuarant, they have great customer service skills and really helpful.
2. LA BELLA VITA RISTORANTE - is an Italian Restaurant on the first floor of the hotel and what a surprise..it has a beautiful decor and outstanding food options.
We had Mediterranean Omelet for breakfast, Fruit and yogurt platter and Smoked Salmon Platter. They offer a healthier options for breakfast along with the standard pancakes, bagels and waffles options.
3. Private Beach - You get access to a Beautiful private beach that is part of the property and takes 2 minutes to walk to from the main lobby.

Highly recommended for a relaxing time with the family. and they are pet friendly hotel as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Liatlevy,
Thank you for detailing your visit with us and thank you for an outstanding review. I am so pleased to learn that staff service was great and the first great thing you mentioned. Our new restaurant and tiki bar are getting great reviews as well and we appreciate you giving them such positive comments. Our beach location is ideal for weekend getaways and we are pleased you let us be a part of your family escape. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

This was our third visit to this resort. It has changed hands since the first time we visited. The service and expectations have not changed, except for the hidden resort fee we had to pay at the end, when we checked out. We were given bands to wear while at the resort so help would know we were guests and could use the beach. However, no one was checking this and we watched as families passed the bands back and forth when they needed to go to the bar or back to the hotel area, where someone might see them. I can't remember if we paid per person or how the cost was figured out, when we booked. The resort offers beach chairs/loungers for use during the day, but bring your own shade protection. We did not use the pool area or bar area on this particular trip. Sanibel is a very natural area and there are a lot of bugs. The area is beautiful and the water is so calm and warm... very relaxing... however I'm trying to balance that out with all the bug bites I got, while there. The bugs are so bad the hotel gives you literature about them upon check in. My husband and I enjoyed our get away at Sanibel, on our way to Key West, however we are debating if we will just skip Sanibel next time and head right to the Keys.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer K
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you, Jennifer, for your 4 star review. We are pleased that you commented on our service and the property meeting your expectations. We do assign wrist bands to our overnight guests so that we can try to make certain that the pool, beach, sun loungers and other such resort amenities are for the exclusive use of those guests. We apologize if we did not recognize that some people on property were circumventing that system and will try to do even better to be watchful and reactive with this. We do not charge for the wristbands unless they are not returned at check-out. We appreciate you mentioning the calm water and relaxing atmosphere. Especially during the humid weather/rainy season there can be nats called no-see-ums. When they are active, and if it is appropriate for you, we do suggest using a bug repellant with deet in it. Some guests also say what works for them is any product that is a bit oily like baby oil or similar. I do hope this information helps and that you come back again and experience all the island has to offer.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Was looking for a weekend on the beach and something island like,first time on sanibel island and it won't be my last I enjoyed every moment of each day from breakfast at the main dining room lunch at the tiki bar and an amazing bike ride,planning to be back weekend after thanksgiving with the whole family, will be calling the wonderful from desk clerk Claudia for the best price available I rather book with the property direct.love this place.Thanks to claudia and the front desk team for being so understanding and helpful

Room Tip: Gulfview on the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janaewhyte1218
Sharon T, General Manager at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear janaewhyte1218, Wow! Thank you for the five star rating and, our biggest compliment of all, that you wish to book a return trip! We will share your glowing comments with the restaurant as well as with Claudia. Claudia has been with us for over five years and is a valuable member of our team. She will be thrilled that she has been mentioned in your review. Thank you!