“QUIET AND RELAXING”
Review of Sanibel Inn

Sanibel Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed a week at Sanibel Inn with my husband and his family. There were 8 of us all together. This place is a little piece of Heaven of earth. Our ages ranged from 50-6 and we all really enjoyed this place. Our favorite restaurant on the island was the Island Cow. We ate dinner one night there and it was a little bit of a wait but I figure its like that everywhere that time of year. I highly recommend to do your grocery shopping at Wal-Mart or another bigger grocery store instead of Jerry's on the island. There are a little pricey unless you need odd and end things. We also ate in Fort Meyers at Doc Ford's. This restaurant I will not return to. It is very expensive for the quality of food. THhe shelling is very good at Sanibel. There is not good waves for boogie boarding and snorkeling is not good at Sanibel Inn but was ok at Bowman's Beach. We also went to the Bubble Room one day for dessert. This place is a very neat place to visit. It has alot of different old timey stuff to look at and the desserts are to die for. Great place for all ages!! We rented bikes at Sanibel Inn to ride around the island for a couple of hours. It was a good way to go the different shops. The only thing I did not like is you had to return the bikes early and there was alot of days during the evening that would have been a good time to ride. I recommend you take your own bikes if you can. I also recommend that you go through the wild life refuge on the island. This is a great place to either ride your bikes or drive your car through and slow down and enjoy the scenery and different wildlife. There is a redbox at Jerry's grocery is you like renting movies on vacation. As far as the unit goes, this is a great up to date place that is very clean and roomy. One thing we found out while we were there is there are little bugs called "no see ums". We walked on the beach at night and we got ate up. I had about 80 bites on me and they itch and burt so bad. I was losing alot of sleep from these bites and I had to take benadryl every night to get some sleep. Do not walk on the beach at night if they are out. A local told me that they were really bad around this time because they had alot of rain the week before. These things are no joke!! Definetly take Cutters spray that has deet and the can will say for no see ums. The locals told me this was the best thing to use. Sanibel Inn is on a great island. Its a good place to get away from it all and just relax. It is very quiet and is a great spot on the island.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed September 2, 2009

The hotel is not fancy but comfortable. The room is clean with all the amenities you would want plus a refrigerator and microwave. We enjoyed the easy access two the beach - Key West type hotel. The staff surprised us with an upgrade to our room with a great view and a bottle of wine since it was our anniversary. . The toll to get into Sanibel Island is $6.00 so purchase grocery items before. We will return!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My husband, myself and our two children age 4 and 5 vacationed in Sanibel in June of 2009. Sanibel was great! The weather was perfect! We visited the Ding Darhling Refuge which was great! The restaurants we recommend The Blue Giraffe great food, The Hungry Heron,Island Pizza -great pizza we ate here 2x, The Island Cow very dissapointed food was bland and they overcharged us; we ordered 4 drinks for the 4 of us and were charged for eight if you go there make sure to review your receipt. We stayed at Sanibel Inn which I chose based on reviews. The place was nice, the bathrooms looked to be recently updated and the grounds were nice, the kids loved the pool, the ocean and looking for seashells. When we arrived at our room in the TV was not working and the AC was not working, but it was immediately taken care of. When we retired for the evening I realized too late that the sheets had not been changed and that one of the pillows my son was sleeping on had a big black stain on it. I called the desk and they sent someone over; I asked for new bedding and we left for the beach came back and realized she just remade the bed with the same sheets and left the stained pillow. They sent another person and she did a good job. We will not be staying here again.

1  Thank meishdublinOh
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Great family place to stay with a beautiful view. We stayed in the 2 bdrm suite; dishes, pots & pans, microwave, stove-top, oven, washer & dryer, coffee & coffee pot, and fridge included. Anything that we needed was immediately brought to our room. The hotel also supplies bikes for guests to ride on the island. We could not have asked for a nicer experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Check in to a Periwinkle Beachfront Suite a breeze..Front desk very friendly and gave a wonderful first impression. Room smelled wonderful...was clean...and very cool (a good thing) The couch was a little questionable. Cushions stained and not something I felt 100% comfortable sitting on. It also was a pull out bed and they had removed the mattress causing it to be very uncomfortable. Call to the front desk and they immediately sent up pillows to prop up the cushions and that was fine but the next day they did bring up the mattress. Pool was fine and the beach chairs were free and plentiful as were the beach towels. It was quiet and peaceful and short walk to the beach. Check out a different story..there was a charge for a long distance phone call that WE DID NOT MAKE. Front desk took the charges off without to much of a problem but it still made me mad that I trusted housekeeping in the room and someone sat and made a phone call while we were out. Made me wonder what else they did. I also noticed that a few of our bags and jewelery box were opened or in a different place after cleaning and for that reason alone I can not say that our stay was 100% perfect but it was OK. I enjoyed our stay but will most likely never return to Sanibel Island so thats why I say that I would not stay at this hotel again but if I were to return to Sanibel Island I may try a different one just for the novelty of it. I did not dislike our stay here to be honest until the whole check out "ordeal" so I can not say how biased I am being but let me reiterate that they did take the charge off without to much of a problem.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stayed here in the off-season- low price but great room, excellent view, friendly service. Our room looked out upon the gulf and the beach was a short walk away. They had a pool, but why swim in a pool with the gulf right there? It was gorgeous, warm and inviting. The room was cleaned to perfection, the shampoo, conditioner and body wash were in larger bottles, and were good products. Every morning the NY Times was delivered to our doorstep. Loved it and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

we stayed at the sanibel inn in late july, the three of us, in the perwinkle wing and had a marvelous time on their lovely beach, the reception staff were very kind, gracious and professional...the room was nicely appointed, the airconditioning worked perfectly(good thing!), nice to have the towels and recliners included(the umbrellas would have been nice as well, but this is a business)...the screened-in porch/balconeys were especially nice, all of the staff were courteous and we would recommend this facility to others, nice stay! keep up the great work!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Sanibel Inn? Share your experiences!