Gulf Breeze Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)
View Hotel
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)
View Hotel
Sanibel Moorings Resort(Sanibel Island)
View Hotel
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)
View Hotel
Sunshine Island Inn(Sanibel Island)
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)
Parrot Nest(Sanibel Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsevery other daybedroom cottagethe cottagesbeach towelsthe kitchenfront porchold floridacoin operatedbeach cottagesand toysspent a weekon premisesshort walkliterally stepsan umbrellaa wonderful place to staygulf of mexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have made Sanibel a twice (or more) yearly visit and have done our share of research on places to stay...so far we have stayed in 4 beach cottages and THIS was by far the BEST. It was directly on the beach- super clean (which is hard to find in the older cottages) and perfect living space for our family of 4 (2 toddlers.) We stayed in Cottage 11- "Jimmy" was AWESOME with booking us in last minute and super accommodating (THANK YOU JIMMY!). "Art" was also very friendly when checking in :).The price for what you get could not be compared... we hope to make this our new "home away from home."

They provide all the kitchen utensils/pots/pans you need...fresh towels whenever you need them :)

If you have young children take advantage of the toys they provide- instead of packing your own!

My *only* suggestion is that you guys get some pillow toppers for the beds, they were a little hard for me~ ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Megan O
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our vacation began just fine, until we checked out. Check out is 10am, no flexibility. We had a cool box and electronics we asked to hold for 1 hour inside the office or our cottage because it was too hot to put in the car and their response was no. I asked if while the cleaner was cleaning if they couldn't stay in our cottage just on hour? No. The most inflexible, unfriendly service I have encountered here. Never again Gulf Breeze Cottages!

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank ashleypBelgium
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Best feature...LOCATION. Stayed the last week in March 2013 in cottage #10(closest one to beach) with another couple. Nothing fancy but CLEAN and all the creature comforts you could want. Even a grill and pavilion to use just off the beach! Other than sharing one shower, our cottage was just fine. Would be perfect for family of four.
SERVICE: my husband went to the office to tell them we had a nail sticking up on our deck and BEFORE he walked back to the cottage
It was fixed! Less than 5 mins. Laundry and trash pick up every other day and kitchen well stocked. WIFI is there but very unpredictable.
CONVENIENT: because this is not a big complex, our beach access was great; never crowded like the beach of adjacent buildings to our left and right. I never considered that, but it was great. The beach chairs were nicer than I expected. Thanks guys for a nice relaxing get-a-way. Elizabeth

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Bethie381
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a last minute Spring "break" for myself and my older children (college-age). The Gulf Breeze cottages are located in a little cove, nestled between some condos. The office staff is very nice and helpful, and we had no issues with check-in/check-out. The one thing that I would say is...it was more than 500 steps to the beach (for me, anyway) and our unit was located outside of the compound...so we didn't have a view of anything other than the house across the street. I knew that going in, but I ust didn't feel like a part of the Gulf Breeze "community" if you will. The cottage was clean, well-equipped and suitable for a sleeping, eating, chilling. Were I to do it again, I think I would lobby to be in an unit that is contained within the compound. Our grill never did work properly, but that wasn't an issue. One suggestion I might have, is perhaps an update on the towels (beach in particular)...they seem really old. Clean, but old.

Room Tip: 12 and 12A are not within the confines; I took what I could get because I booked so late, but if you are looking for something directly on the Gulf...these are not it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marlene C
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this cottage complex for 2 nights in January 2013. We drove over from Fort Lauderdale after a cruise, a pleasant drive on I-75. We were a party of 5 and rented cottage 12A, a cottage in the complex with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. This cottage was unique in that it was separate from the other cottages and was across the road in with other homes, we suspect it is a converted home property. The cottage was well maintained, clean, air conditioned, well equipped and had a "homey" atmosphere. The kitchen was equipped with a full-size stove and refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, lots of dishes, glasses (including wine glasses) and cutlery, pots and pans and dish soap. The bathrooms were clean and well stocked, one had a tub/shower, the other a shower stall. There was a large flat-screen TV and Wi-Fi. The beach was only a short 5-minute walk away, beach towels were supplied and you could take a beach chair down with you from a patio near the beach. The property had a nice front and back yard, a deck front and back with chairs and an umbrella and a propane BBQ at the rear. Parking is in your own driveway. We were only there a short time and did not need them but for a longer stay there are washers and dryers available. We did not need housekeeping but for longer stays towels are exchanged every few days. The area is lovely and quiet and the surrounding properties are very well maintained.

Room Tip: We believe cottage 12A is the only one with 3 bedrooms/2 baths.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends