“The owners are giving it their all!”
Review of Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes - CLOSED

Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sanibel/Captiva's exclusive gourmet cupcake shop. Choose from a variety of cupcake flavors baked daily. Let us provide gourmet cupcakes for your birthdays, weddings, anniversary, parties, and special events. Featuring LavAzza, Italy's number 1 best selling coffee and espresso. Also serving Queenie's all natural ice cream, the island's most loved ice cream. Open daily 10 am until 6 pm.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I were at another store on the Island and ran into and had a quick conversation with the owner of Simply Cupcakes. After meeting him, we could tell he took great pride in his restaurant, so I visited Simply Cupcakes with my mom and sister. The location is wonderful. It is next to Cheeburger Cheeburger, and in a nice shopping area. It is a small, but quaint eatery. There is no seating inside. When we arrived, the owners were there. The owner gave us a "tour of the cupcakes" and explained each one with great detail. Currently, there is a buy 5 cupcakes get the 6th free deal. We did that deal, and bought 6 cupcakes. The cupcakes were delicious and well worth every penny! I hope this new establishment succeeds and would gladly recommend it to anyone!

One downfall- It closes at 6pm. We wanted to have the cupcakes for dessert, so bought it before we went to dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger and took them home to eat.

Iva1959, Owner at Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Wow!!! We are humbled by your kind review....thank you so much for the feedback and praise. We're glad you liked the cupcakes and found them to be a good value. Regarding our closing time, due to many of our customers' desire for us to be open a little later, we are considering remaining open until 8:00 p.m. during season. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent cupcakes! The perfect way to wind down the day on this beautiful island. So many flavors, but the German Chocolate is my favorite! Owner is so friendly and personable it made the visit even more enjoyable!

We're glad you visited and enjoyed our German Chocolate cupcake. We love getting feedback on specific flavors because that helps us know what our customers prefer...thanks for taking the time to review us. Please come again when you visit Sanibel.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first stop on our way to Captiva. Delicious homemade ice cream at a great price. Service was great as well.

Thanks for your review on our ice cream...we think Queenie's Ice Cream is THE best and we're proud to serve it. Thanks for mentioning the price/value and customer service...we appreciate it!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

After an afternoon of biking and shopping, I needed a sugar fix. Simply Cupcakes gave me that fix and how! The girl was very welcoming and asked if we'd like her to go over each cupcake. Not being from FL, she had me at the key lime cupcake and it did not disappoint! Yummy! Later in the week, we took my inlaws, visiting Sanibel from Ft. Myers, to Simply Cupcakes and they loved it. Simply try it!

Thanks for the review and the recommendation!! We are glad you found us and brought your family on your second trip...please come again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had wanted to order several mini's, but you must order them in advance. From a business point of view, I can accept that decision. That being said, I would definitely recommend this venue. The key lime cupcake is one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. Because the owner was out of one of the flavors I had been sent to pick up, he threw in an extra cupcake for free. All in all, a good experience and a good product. Worth visiting while on Sanibel.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We're glad you enjoyed our "signature" cake - Key Lime. Please visit us again when you return to the island.