“Great cupcakes, great coffee, great service!”
Review of Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes - CLOSED

Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sanibel/Captiva's exclusive gourmet cupcake shop. Choose from a variety of cupcake flavors baked daily. Let us provide gourmet cupcakes for your birthdays, weddings, anniversary, parties, and special events. Featuring LavAzza, Italy's number 1 best selling coffee and espresso. Also serving Queenie's all natural ice cream, the island's most loved ice cream. Open daily 10 am until 6 pm.
“Great cupcakes, great coffee, great service!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

While I'm not usually a cupcake fan, I was pleasantly surprised by the cupcakes here. Key lime, red velvet, and funky monkey were the favorites. Plus, the woman who helped me created a "to go" container for my daughter's cupcake. My latte was great too. Would go back again!

• Visited July 2013
Iva1959, Owner at Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review...we're glad you enjoyed the cupcakes. We always enjoy pleasing our customers - especially the "little ones". Please visit us again.

Montreal, Canada
“Okay for the island...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

With cupcakes being perfected and turned into a pop culture icon, one would think that the elevation of the form would not elude an island establishment. Well, welcome to island meritocracy. I'm am not saying the cupcakes were bad, but I was expecting a little more inspiration. We shared a red velvet, which was nice and moist, frosting was sparse and not creamy (mind you we bought them near closing time, but still). We also had the key lime, which was nice and tart, perhaps too tart, with the cream on top not really adding to the flavor, it was just there, sitting on top. The decoration of both cupcakes was not their best work...

Sad to say, but I would pass this up, at $3.50 per cupcake, I will not be returning.

• Visited July 2013
We are sorry that our cupcakes did not live up to your expectations. We strive to be the best and will not be satisfied with mediocracy. We hope you will visit us again and let us have the opportunity to give you the wonderful experience that hundreds of our customers and reviewers have had.
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Simply amazing cupcakes. went in today looking forward to tomorrow, very light and full of flavour. Would recommend the "death by chocolate" for those chocoholics out there.

• Visited July 2013
Thanks for your review! Yes, the "Death by Chocolate" is a chocoholics dream cake.
“Very nice staff & treats”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Even if your not into to cupcakes you should still go to try the ice cream that is very good. My son loved the cinnamon & the strawberry was also really good. Should really put this on your vacation list!

• Visited July 2013
So glad you and your son enjoyed our ice cream....thanks so much for the review!
Florence, Kentucky
“An amazing place for a great treat!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I read the other reviews here on TA and decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did the place is very very clean and the food was delicious. We have a lot of "Gourmet Cupcake" places in Northern Kentucky (where we are from) but this place takes the cake (pun intended). The owner greeted us like we have been friends forever. He explained everything about his menu and we even got to sample the Ice Cream which is homemade on the Island. I am a sucker for Key Lime anything so we shared the keylime cupcake (they are oversized). It was very delicious and you could taste all of the ingredients. It was very moist and delicious going back tomorrow. If the food and staff we like this in every place in Sanibel I would come back more often. Very happy customer!

1 Thank Chutch138
Iva1959, Owner at Dolce Tesoro - Simply Cupcakes, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You made our day with such a wonderful review. It's nice to hear from happy customers!!