“Great Food - Crazy Artwork”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food - Crazy Artwork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We loved the food -- we had grouper tacos, a seafood linguini with wine sauce (fantastic) and grouper sandwiches. Priced right, I understand why the locals like it. Artwork and paintings on the walls for sale were a little too psychedelic for my tastes.

Visited January 2014

Rye, New Hampshire
“Always a standby for a casual lunch, dinner or take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

George and Wendy's Grille is a reliable standby for either lunch, dinner, or takeout for every trip we make to our place in Sanibel. The menu is large and varied, but the seafood is the winner. There is live music several nights during season, but one of our favorites is "Open Mike" Tuesday night.
We have heard some surprising talent, and so just good locals having fun. Happy hour goes from lunch til 7 and has a reasonable wine and beer selection. George the co-owner with his wife Wendy is often seen greeting guests in the dining room with his cooking apron and rolled up shirt sleeves (and a big smile when the place is packed, of course).

Visited January 2014
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Felt Rushed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I guess that I will have to stop recommending this restaurant to friends. I have gone twice in the past month and both times we have been rushed. Tonight we ordered an appetizer and the meal was brought first. For lunch we ordered Beef on Weck to find that the beef tasted like it came from a deli counter and not roast beef. The food is generally good, but the service is terrible.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Jim N
Frederick, Maryland
“Would return.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were here as part of a large group and were put into a room in the back by ourselves. I was surprised to see that there was a door to the parking lot there that wait staff and patrons used to come and go while we were there.

The food was good. However a salad was part of our meal and it did not come until after the entrée had arrived. So I would say that was a major boo boo.

I would give it another try as the food was good.

• Visited January 2014
Brookhaven, New York
“Late lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a late lunch, this was my first time here, not my sons or husbands. I liked the paintings decorating the restaurant, very happy and colorful. Our servers were pleasant. I had ordered a soup as did my husband and son. They forgot to bring out mine and when I brought it to the servers attention he apologized and also stated he was taking it off our check. Very good business! I loved the Clam Chowdah when it did arrive, it was worth the wait. My salad was very big and fresh. My husband loved his Monte Cristo sandwich and my son loved his Grouper sandwich. I would recommend this restaurant.