“Great food & great service”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: George & Wendy Schnapp both moved to Sanibel Island in 2002, George from Buffalo and Wendy from Chicagoland. They met on the island, fell in love and married in 2007. George has been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. Together they opened George & Wendy's Seafood Grille in 2011 to provide a place where locals and visitors could come and enjoy good food, drinks and entertainment. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week offering an extensive menu sure to please any palate. The Chef and General Manager work together with their team to provide a welcoming dining experience for all. George and Wendy's Seafood Grille offers one of largest Hand-Crafted Cocktail menus on the islands, 20 beers on tap, an extensive wine list and a full liquor bar. Entertainment is provided most weekday evenings and weekends. Kid meals are served on a souvenir Frisbee to enjoy. T-Shirts, hats and local artwork are also available for purchase. We are open late for dinner and offer a late night dining menu as well. It's fun for the whole family.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I were just in sanibel for our wedding anniversary and loved our stay. At first we had trouble good restaurants, even though they were highly rated! Then we came upon George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille, the food was excellent and our server Francine was even better! Thank you guys for providing great food for us on our vacation! I highly encourage anyone who is in the Sanibel area to visit this restaurant!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate at G&W's in August during our summer family vacation. Our waiter (very gregarious guy - brownish/red hair with goatee) was very attentive and helpful. I wasn't sure whether to get the whole size portion or the half size. Because we were already ordering two appetizers he had suggested getting the half size, which is also a quite healthy portion. We ordered the fried pickles (ok) and calamari. Our kids devoured the calamari so my husband and I only got one piece each! Kids' meals came served in a frisbee which you get to take home. I thought it was cute and the kids loved it. My husband ordered the drunken grouper and really liked it. I ordered a special which I cannot recall the name of but it was a pasta dish with lobster and a creamy sauce. I did not love the sauce but it was fresh and came with a generous portion of lobster. More of my tastes though as I should have just ordered a fisherman's platter. We will definitely come back again when in the area. Service and food both very good. Atmosphere ok - don't think fine dining. Oh, and download the 10% off coupon from the website!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had a lovely lunch at George and Wendy's on a rainy September afternoon. My husband had the teriyaki special and I had the delicious chicken salad sandwich. Our server Sally was a delight, and her suggestion to try the key lime pie was right on! Even the artwork on the walls made the day a little cheerier.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food was well cooked and very tasty. This was our first time time but we returned very quickly. Welcoming entrance and interesting artwork inside (marine life) but the real highlight was the food. We had one of the specials (snapper) and it was well put together including the vegetables. On our 2nd visit I had a salad but this was equally delicious with delicious dressing (raspberry vinaigrette) which was served separately so you could add as much as you wanted ( I use it all). My husband had slow cooked rib which he said was delicious and best meal we had on our stay on Sanibel. Excellent service and terrific coffee (top up offered) Our son who has learning difficulties and in a wheelchair enjoyed it there and we felt very welcome. We would certainly return - highlight of our evenings out .

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited Sanibel Island and it was raining hard all day. Lunch at the restaurant was the highlight of the day. I never had a grouper Reuben sandwich but I am hooked, it was simply excellent. Our waitress Dawn was great!