“Yummy”
Review of Cip's Place

Cip's Place
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cip's Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from Sanibel history. Chef Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service. The food is great and the locals frequent Cip's and are enjoying it.
Mount Desert, Maine
“Yummy”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We had pulled pork and fish tacos and loved them both. Nice quiet place but plenty busy. Good service and friendly too. Average prices. Good wine. Reliably a really good place to eat.

Visited May 2014

SNHN95
“Great, Friendly Service but Food was So-So.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was our first time to Sanibel and we had decided to have a late dinner; however, we didn't realize that most restaurants close between 8-9. Needless to say we were rushing around to find a place. We ended up at Cip's Place. The waitress was incredibly nice and even gave us a list of places to go on the island. My friend had the Teriyaki Tuna w/vegetables and I had the fish tacos. My friend loved her tuna! The fish tacos on the other hand weren't incredibly good. The fish was cooked perfectly but the fish lacked any type of seasoning. I had to salt it (which I rarely salt anything), top it with the salsa and coleslaw for it to have any flavor. My meal came with homemade potato chips which were to die for!!! If I return to Sanibel I would probably give Cip's another try since my friends dish was so good as well as the homemade potato chips.

1 Thank SNHN95
Clarion, Pennsylvania
“We LOVE Cip's!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've been to Sanibel and Captiva many times, but just tried Cip's place for the first time on my most recent visit on a recommendation from a travel magazine I subscribe to. WONDERFUL place!! The cioppino was to die for :) Fresh salad, great drinks, friendly staff, nice décor. You're also allowed to bring your dog with you! I saw numerous folks sitting at the tables out on the deck with their dogs under the tables, enjoying the tidbits their kind owners were slipping them......it was sweet. I am looking forward to getting back there in a few week!! Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Monet3103
Gatineau, Canada
“Lovely Dinner on Sanibel Island”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate dinner at Cip’s Place in Sanibel Island. They have an outdoor seating area that has a garden view and is pet friendly. Atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. My husband had the Mango Mahi and I had the Snapper Veracruzana. Both dishes were excellent. For dessert, he had the Key Lime pie which he really enjoyed and I had a delicious pecan pie. Portions were generous, prices were reasonable, and service was prompt and friendly. Parking was plentiful. Would certainly go again and would highly recommend.

1 Thank marcothibault
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great food & value”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

There are a number of restaurants on Sanibel, but as they have to make their money for the entire year during such a limited season, most of them seem overpriced- Cip's is the exception. The food was delicious (try the salads!) and the outdoor terrace in the back provides the perfect island ambiance. Also, be sure to save room for their award-winning cakes for dessert (you're on vacation afterall!). There never seems to be trouble getting a table, so just show up and enjoy! Bon Appetit!