“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cip's Place

Cip's Place
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cip's Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from Sanibel history. Chef Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service. The food is great and the locals frequent Cip's and are enjoying it.
Rochester, New York
“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Dinner was delicious and prompt. Server was very friendly. Owner even came over and thanked us for coming after we complimented the server on the food. Wish we could have eaten outside as it was very pretty, but the cooler weather kept us inside. Will be sure to visit again if we ever return to Sanibel. Be sure to look at the scrapbooks documenting the history of Cip's.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Oh Cips, I wanted to give you a glowing review.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Ordered the tenderloin medium well and it came rare. Sent it back and again, came back rare. Very disappointing. My husband ordered the buttermilk chicken which was amazing. Wish I had ordered that. I didn't have the heart to tell the waiter my steak was still rare the second time because he was so nice and wanted to please me so bad. Left disappointed and wishing I had ordered the chicken. ...

Okemos, Michigan
“Didn't quite meet expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had been here a year ago and, so far, it is the only restaurant we chose to return because we had a really good meal at Cip's last time. Unfortunately, we had a less than memorable experience this time around. Nothing bad or but nothing impressive either, considering the prices and the possibilities. I had the snapper tacos and was so disappointed with the blandness of the dish. My husband's shrimp stir fry was "fine" but unremarkable. I split the BBQ shrimp appetizer with someone (tasty but fried) and my husband had the crab cake appetizer, which he thought missed the mark. I really like sitting al fresco on the wrap-around porch and the service was very good. We just had higher expectations based on a previous experience and it didn't measure up food-wise. Different menu choices made for a different and just average dining experience.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

On a recent trip to Sanibel, a friend and I had lunch at Cip's and it was wonderful. We ate outside which was so pretty and our server was great. I had Stella's shrimp salad which was flavorful and fresh, although it was missing the fennel. My friend had the Rueben which she enjoyed very much. The bloody mary should not be missed!

cape coral
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food we have eaten at most places on Sanibel but keep coming back to Cip's . The food is fresh a simple menu but someting for everone. We have been for lunch and dinner many times and enjoyed .

Visited November 2013