“2nd time here! Great food:)”
Review of Cip's Place

Cip's Place
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cip's Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from Sanibel history. Chef Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service. The food is great and the locals frequent Cip's and are enjoying it.
pittsburgh
“2nd time here! Great food:)”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd time coming to Cips, first time was shortly after the place opened and now tonight . Service was fast and food was so good. I got the fish tacos and my husband got the ribs - he said they are the best he ever had!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank blh82

Akron, Ohio
“After the rain was a rainbow!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

That has nothing to do with my dinner, but it just finished storming when we got there and as we left there was a rainbow!

The food however, was very good. My husband and I got the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. The shrimp was slightly over cooked and chewy, but it was still edible.

My husband got the fish tacos and they were huge! There was also substantial pieces of fish in the tacos. The coleslaw with his meal was mayonnaise based so he didn't eat it, but the waitress added avocado to his meal and it was delicious.

I had the mahi mahi over pearled couscous and it was amazing. Mine also had large portions of fish. I had the blackened seasoning on my fish and it came with a mango and black bean salsa. It probably could have been big enough to share with another person...but it was really good so I'm glad I didn't.

There weren't very many people there at the time we went so our waitress was very attentive to us. Someone also asked us how everything was as we left. I think it might have been the chef, but he didn't give any indication who he was.

There were so many good options on the menu, but the two we got were both winners!

1 Thank runner2219
“Cip & Serve”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

New since our last time on the island, we were a bit hesitant, but our anxiety was unfounded. The food was very good as was the service. A nice selection too on both menu and wine list. Steaks to pizza to fish and all done well, or well done, if that is your preference. In one weeks time we went twice, so that should tell you something considering all the dining choices on Sanibel/Captiva.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MajorBrad
San Diego, California
“Great food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Would never had found the place except that a local recommended it. What a pleasant surprise. The grouper was fantastic and the mahi-mahi fish tacos were equally delicious.

Beautiful outside seating, very friendly and competent waiter. Just happened that an owner/manager was at the door when we were leaving and she was very gracious.

Overall, an excellent meal.

1 Thank LoveNapili2010
Somerville, New Jersey
“The Best Meal We had on Sanibel”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to Cip's for dinner and loved it so much we went back again. The beef tenderloin with brandy peppercorn sauce was cooked perfectly and the rosemary lemon chicken was fantastic. We loved the wine so much we ordered a case from our loal liquor store when returned home. Our first time there the waiter forgot our appetizer but the entrees made up for it, that didn't prevent us from returning. Can't wait to eat there again the next time we visit Sanibel.

1 Thank DF1020