“Nice place”
Review of Cip's Place

Cip's Place
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cip's Place has lush landscaping and wonderful outdoor seating. Its beautifully decorated interior has a large wall mural painted by a local artist who has featured many of the faces of people from Sanibel history. Chef Blaine and his wife Alison are co-owners and come from a long history of food service. The food is great and the locals frequent Cip's and are enjoying it.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very nice place, good ambiance and service was quick.
We ate here for lunch , I had the bbq pork and my wife had the cranberry salmon salad, both were quite good and I think our best meal so far. The only thing negative was that we had 4 locals sitting behind us talking about the white trash renters they deal with all season long - we thought it was petty and in poor taste since those "renters" were most likely paying for their meal.

We would recommend Cips

1  Thank tykris
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This rates as the best luncheon location on Sanibel. The weather was great, the service was very good and the food was terrific. All in all a very pleasant eatery. Highly recommended whenever you're in the mood for a peaceful, relaxing lunch.

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ok, in my opinion the restaurant offerings on Sanibel have always seemed somewhat limited. I think the prevailing attitude is they have a captive audience, so why raise the bar? Not sure why we never went to Cip's previously, but very happy we experienced it this trip. We made reservations on a Friday for that same evening. No problem with the time request, which we took as a good sign. There were a few seating options, ranging from the outdoor front porch, bar area/indoor dining and screened "back porch" dining area. The outdoor front porch provides a very picturesque setting, but if bugs and/or humidity aren't your thing, best to opt for indoor seating. We opted for indoor seating and we were seated immediately. Our server was very pleasant (would have liked a bit more attention; our drinks took a bit long to be replaced) and informative. All food selections were very well prepared and presented. We were never rushed, even though it was a busy weekend evening. We enjoyed our initial visit so much that we ended up visiting again before we left. Would recommend this restaurant-might be a bit pricy for a young family, though.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ate there on April 17 with my husband and 14 year old son and all three of us loved it. Our server could not have been more personable and helpful. I don't remember his name, but he had an interesting accent that we couldn't quite place and he turned out to be from in or near Bratislava in Slovakia. His recommendations on what to order were dead on and I'm glad we followed them. My husband had a delicious spinach salad to start, then the buttermilk chicken entree, which he loved so much he wouldn't let anyone have a bite. I had the snapper veracruzana, and I must say it was just about the best snapper I have ever had. Absolutely delicious, although it might be a bit spicy for some. My son had the tenderloin au poivre and loved his as well. In addition to great service and great food, the restaurant itself is lovely. I highly recommend eating on the porch if the weather is nice, although the inside was lovely too. We can't wait to return to Sanibel and eat there again. It was not an inexpensive meal but definitely less than what you would spend at a number of other Sanibel restaurants and in my opinion a very good value for the money.

1  Thank grt111159
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My youngest daughter - mid twenties - and I met in Sanibel for a short vacation. We made reservations here the first night. The hostess was very accommodating and our waiter very helpful. We enjoyed the BBQ shrimp appetizer and we both had fish -the Esperanza grouper and Mango Mahi Mahi. Delicious and refreshing. I enjoyed the key lime pie for dessert - I always try out the key lime pie in Florida and this one was up there with the best!

1  Thank Nancy N