“Friendly little bike shop”

Finnimore's Cycle Shop
Ranked #5 of 32 Shopping in Sanibel Island
Topsfield, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Friendly little bike shop”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you're looking for a little advice, help and friendly service at reasonable prices, this is your place. Old fashioned service is the byword and repeat customers is the result. Give them a try!

Visited April 2013

Sanibel Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Totally not what I expected.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have a house on island, and locked my bike up at The Bean before making sure I had the key. Few hours later, leaving the bean after doing homework, go to unlock my bike… no bueno. No key. Text people I know on island, they either don’t have a key to the house or their off island working, since it's a Monday. Start walking from Bean towards West Gulf at high noon in cheap slippers with a backpack full of textbooks and full size laptop, in dark shirt and shorts. Pass by Finnimore’s. Figure I’ve got a few dollars in my pocket, I can finagle a rental of an hour or so to ride back to my house and get my key.

I walk up to the rental area, one of the employees asks if he can help, I explain what I did, and he says “You can just borrow the maroon one.” This was completely unexpected. Thanked him, hopped on, got to my place a few minutes later, grabbed my key, rode back, dropped off the bike.

Fifteen minutes tops instead of a 45 minute walk in the sun with pack. Didn’t ask for ID or anything, just asked that I bring it back when I was done.

This was a completely unexpected act of island spirit, and I cannot thank the guys at Finnimores enough.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank L H
Janesville, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor Coustemer Service”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of our children got a unexpected flat tire and by the time they came to us to replace it we ran out of time for the day. We asked if we could come by a different day and use them but they said no. We were very disappointed.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Soccer0102
Rehoboth, MA, USA
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great folks - great service”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our fourth trip to Sanibel - Captiva. We have rented from Billy's before (never had any problem there) but this time we stayed on the western side of Sanibel and this was closer so we gave it try. I'm glad we did. Really nice people, took time to make sure we had what we needed, adjusted the bikes perfectly for us, and offered to drop off at the place we were staying. We didn't need drop off but it's great to know it's there. Rented the bikes for the whole week - very reasonable rate.
A wide selection and lots of other stuff to rent as well. We'll use them again. And if you're staying on Sanibel, a bike is the way to travel!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank rcoleman79
West Quantoxhead UK
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Superb tandem”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

4 hours of level cycling in the warm sunshine, exploring shell beaches and the neighbouring island of Captiva - simply wonderful. Staff really kind and helpful. Would recommend to anyone.

Visited January 2013