“Very great food, service. Highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Star Cafe & Bar

Sea Star Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the Sanibel Inn & Resort, this casual American theme restaurant is a wonderful addition to Sanibel Island. We are family friendly and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a beautifully appointed setting. Additionally we are open to the public from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week so all of our local friends, as well as our out of town visitors can enjoy a great meal at prices that will amaze you.
“Very great food, service. Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

A group of 4 of us decided to dine the other night. The restaurant is beautiful inside! Nice bar as well. The menu is a slightly limited but don't let that stop you!! I ordered the kobe burger and it was hands down the BEST burger I have ever had. Everyone loved their food! Our server was david. He was great! He kept us laughing the whole time while providing top notch service. I will be back!
Great value.

(and even ordered a kobe burger togo the very next day)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Marathon, Florida
“Just bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were staying at Sanibel Inn, so decided to go to dinner at their restaurant. At 8:00 pm very few people there. I ordered a hamburger medium and fruit rather than French fries. My hamburger came with French fries and was so well done I could not finish it. When I would ask about my fruit, I was told it was being cut. Never did get the fruit. My husband was told that the crab cakes were made with lump crab. Not so. Bread and flakes of crab. Think the crab cakes were right from the food supplier. Also, service was slow. Would not eat there again. There are too many good places to eat on the island.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota
“Quick Option if you are staying local ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Sanibel Inn for a 3-day weekend and used our Fall Escape credit at this restaurant this evening. Early Friday night was not very busy - probably 5 tables filled. Server was pleasant and attentive. Steaks (filet and NY Strip) were just ok. Salads ( house and Caesar) were very good. Spring roll appetizer and shared chocolate cake were very good. Add three drinks and the bill was $102.

Overall, a very average experience.

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I highly recommend this restaurant they offering a variety of food in a relaxed atmosphere, jazz music at night....I love it

Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

While staying at Sanibel Inn, I visited this onsite restaurant a few times, mostly for convenience. It's an absolutely beautiful place -- all glass and wood and sparkle. There were a lot of window seats, with kind of an elegant-tree-house feel. The food was good, but the portions were small for the price. Since I was there during the off season, I found it more reasonable to visit various other restaurants a short drive away. Still, it was a pleasant place to enjoy a meal and not have to drive anywhere, especially since my main reason for visiting Sanibel was to spend time on the beach.

• Visited August 2013