“Yummy BLT”

Sea Star Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the Sanibel Inn & Resort, this casual American theme restaurant is a wonderful addition to Sanibel Island. We are family friendly and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a beautifully appointed setting. Additionally we are open to the public from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week so all of our local friends, as well as our out of town visitors can enjoy a great meal at prices that will amaze you.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went in at 11 am for breakfast, hey, I was on vacation and had walked down to the lighthouse and back that morning... so I got around to having breakfast a bit late!!!

Since breakfast was no longer being served I opted for a BLT which was very yummy indeed!

Shawn makes a fantastic Mojito!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was so pleased to find this place within steps of our condo..we were in the Bromiliad condo unit and even with the full kitchen so enjoyed the Sea Star Cafe. Very good food and reasonably priced.

2  Thank GHG4
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I arrived on Sanibel Xmas day. When we decided to go to a late dinner we found out that not many restaurants were open due to the holiday. We "settled" for the hotel restaurant and got an unexpectedly great dinner. The Sea Star in nicely decorated and has a bar area. The service was very friendly. I had salmon with salsa, roasted potatoes and corn. Everything was cooked perfectly. Mild complaint that the fruit salsa was mostly onions without much fruit or tomatoes. My wife ordered the lamb chops and loved them. The bartender was generous with his pours. I was able to stumble back to my room with a full stomach and a smile on my face.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had breakfast twice during our recent stay at the Sanibel Inn. Good food, decent value, and very friendly, efficient service. Does not have a broad menu but has the basics(and a bit more)covered.

1  Thank Iamhoosier
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had hoped to find a place for lunch on the beach....and this was listed as such in the Island restuarant guide. It's NOT on the beach. The restaurant itself is architecturally interesting....but that's about it. We entered around 1:00pm; there was one other table occupied. The whole place smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked the waiter about the smell and he said smoking was not permitted in the restaurant....(I suspect someone on staff had a smoke in the kitchen and it wafted into the dining area). The food was mediocre--my soup overly salty and my salad lifeless; the server appeared bored. There are so many great fun places to have really good food on the island. Skip this place.