“Great food - SEVERELY understaffed”
Review of Sea Star Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Sea Star Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the Sanibel Inn & Resort, this casual American theme restaurant is a wonderful addition to Sanibel Island. We are family friendly and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a beautifully appointed setting. Additionally we are open to the public from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week so all of our local friends, as well as our out of town visitors can enjoy a great meal at prices that will amaze you.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were given a voucher from our hotel to try this restaurant. We stood at the entrance (where there should be a hostess) for quite some time watching two very busy waiters running around serving the tables and going behind the bar (no bartender) making drinks. If we didn't have the voucher we probably would have walked out as we noticed several people did. One of the waiters finally came over and seated us with menus and said he'd be right with us. It took several more minutes for him to return (he was very busy). Once we placed our order the service became very smooth and efficient and the food was top notch! We asked the waiter (who happened to also be one of the managers) if it was just the two of them and he confirmed with a couple of people had called out. I would probably give it another chance, I certainly hope it was a fluke that they were understaffed, because it's a beautiful restaurant with excellent food.

1  Thank Bonaldduck

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great menu selections and well priced. Fresh catch of the day was expertly prepared. Delicious homemade apple tart for dessert. Good value for breatfast - and convenient.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and i had both fresh fish entrees after shrimp basket and onion rings as starters; everyting was delicious, and the dry white wine really dry - just as the helpful waiter had explained and recommended. The place has a nice architecture and enough parking space.

1  Thank HWLange
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Today I went to the Sea Srar for breakfast. I had the French Toast Skillet and it was delicious. It came with caramelized bananas and mango syrup. The French Toast was cooked to perfection. My only complaint is that I wish I had a few more banana slices. The coffee was good and the service excellent. The best breakfast value on Sanibel! I'll be back.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel's restaurant was really good, especially breakfasts, and their desserts are really nice too.

The drink selection in the bar was good, and make sure not to forget the happy hour (though it only included national rums and beer).