“Nice Resort Restaurant”

Traditions on the Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Soups, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located inside the Historic Island Inn on West Gulf Drive, Traditions restaurant, bar & lounge offers "Contemporary Cuisine - Sanibel Style." Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, we invite you to join us for spectacular sunsets with nightly live entertainment and dancing.
Venice, Florida
“Nice Resort Restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

First visit and probably will return when back to Sanibel Island. Service and food was very good. Only disappointment was the fact that we were only the second table occupied at the time and when a family came in with 3 small children, they sat them at a table next to ours and all through the meal, the children were getting up and running through the restaurant. It seemed like the family was known by management and did not curtail their activities. With as large a facility, they could have sat them in a different area, particularly how empty the restaurant was at the time. We are fond of children having 3 grandchildren of our own, its just that we would like to enjoy the atmosphere and meal at such an upscale restaurant as Traditions is without the disruption.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank VeniceJoe
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. Please don’t hesitate to let us know about this issue next time and we’ll be happy to reseat you.

Atlanta, Georgia
“wedding reception”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great food and great service. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The staff set up the tables beautifully. The wedding cake was delicious.

Visited July 2014
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Congratulations!

Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad your wedding party enjoyed themselves. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!
Georgia
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening at this Sanibel institution. My husband and I were staying at the Island Inn and decided to save their restaurant for our last night of the trip. It couldn't have been nicer. The bartender and host were very efficient and friendly. Our waiter Rich was very attentive. The food was excellent - lamb chops were perfectly cooked, and my husband's veal with crabmeat and lobster-cognac sauce was excellent. Stay for the entertainment - what a treat to hear a terrific female singer accompanied by an excellent keyboardist and saxophone player handling everything from show tunes to classic country to contemporary with finesse. When they started "Dancing Queen" - everyone got up to dance. What a delight!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad you and your husband enjoyed your meals and the entertainment. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!
Ft' Lauderdale,Fl
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the great food and service we found at this little hidden gem of a restaurant. Our waiter was charming and extremely helpful in helping us with our dinner selections and all 4 of us enjoyed the evening of live entertainment and great food and service.

1 Thank garrysomi
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad your party enjoyed their meal and the entertainment. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!
Valrico
“Name that fish”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had reservations at 7pm and were greeted and seated immediately on July 5. We placed our order and were served an hour and a half later. I ordered the chefs special, Grouper. This fish was anything but grouper. I literally only took one bite of my $33.00 meal. When the waiter asked would I like a box I replied no. He then replied, huh. Removed my plate never asking if there was a problem with my meal and then scraped my plate off with other plates as to hide the problem. I will not be back to this restaurant nor will I recommend this to anyone. This was not grouper, after researching I believe I was served Asian Catfish in place of Grouper. Future dinners be ware .

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Toni C
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I apologize that your visit to our restaurant did not meet your standards.

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. I can assure you that we did not replace your Grouper with another type of fish. We do not carry Asian Grouper. Our cuisine is prepared with the finest and freshest local ingredients and is cooked by our highly skilled chef and his team. We strive for excellence in our cuisine. If our food is ever to your dissatisfaction please alert the wait staff as soon as possible so we can take care of you. We would have been more than happy to serve you something else.

Again, we would like to apologize and we hope that you will give Traditions on the Beach another try in the future.