“Lovely evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Traditions on the Beach

Traditions on the Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Soups, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located inside the Historic Island Inn on West Gulf Drive, Traditions restaurant, bar & lounge offers "Contemporary Cuisine - Sanibel Style." Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, we invite you to join us for spectacular sunsets with nightly live entertainment and dancing.
Georgia
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening at this Sanibel institution. My husband and I were staying at the Island Inn and decided to save their restaurant for our last night of the trip. It couldn't have been nicer. The bartender and host were very efficient and friendly. Our waiter Rich was very attentive. The food was excellent - lamb chops were perfectly cooked, and my husband's veal with crabmeat and lobster-cognac sauce was excellent. Stay for the entertainment - what a treat to hear a terrific female singer accompanied by an excellent keyboardist and saxophone player handling everything from show tunes to classic country to contemporary with finesse. When they started "Dancing Queen" - everyone got up to dance. What a delight!

Visited July 2014
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad you and your husband enjoyed your meals and the entertainment. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!

Ft' Lauderdale,Fl
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the great food and service we found at this little hidden gem of a restaurant. Our waiter was charming and extremely helpful in helping us with our dinner selections and all 4 of us enjoyed the evening of live entertainment and great food and service.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank garrysomi
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad your party enjoyed their meal and the entertainment. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!
Valrico
“Name that fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had reservations at 7pm and were greeted and seated immediately on July 5. We placed our order and were served an hour and a half later. I ordered the chefs special, Grouper. This fish was anything but grouper. I literally only took one bite of my $33.00 meal. When the waiter asked would I like a box I replied no. He then replied, huh. Removed my plate never asking if there was a problem with my meal and then scraped my plate off with other plates as to hide the problem. I will not be back to this restaurant nor will I recommend this to anyone. This was not grouper, after researching I believe I was served Asian Catfish in place of Grouper. Future dinners be ware .

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Toni C
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I apologize that your visit to our restaurant did not meet your standards.

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. I can assure you that we did not replace your Grouper with another type of fish. We do not carry Asian Grouper. Our cuisine is prepared with the finest and freshest local ingredients and is cooked by our highly skilled chef and his team. We strive for excellence in our cuisine. If our food is ever to your dissatisfaction please alert the wait staff as soon as possible so we can take care of you. We would have been more than happy to serve you something else.

Again, we would like to apologize and we hope that you will give Traditions on the Beach another try in the future.
Willow Grove, PA
“Pretty restaurant but not great food or bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our wedding on Sanibel Island. Our wedding planner recommended Traditions on the Beach and Thistle Lodge so after careful consideration, we chose Traditions because of the Trip Advisor ratings mostly. She made our reservations for us on a Tuesday night after our beach wedding. I heard June is the off season and when we went into the beautiful dining room there were only 3 other tables full. It is a rather large place with perhaps 30 to 50 tables. I followed our server to our table. As I got my bearings, we noticed that we were seated right next to another couple and on the other side of them was a family with (loud) children. Now, normally, no big deal, okay, but the place was practically empty and we are seated in the Chucky Cheese section for our wedding night feast. My husband kindly asked for us to have a more private table, and they happily accommodated us. We ordered drinks, he got a beer and I ordered a mohito. Our server came back and told me that the mint wasn't good and asked me to pick something else, so I ordered a margarita. It came in a wine glass? with an orange slice and most importantly, was undrinkable. I don't know what was in it. It tasted like cough syrup and ice. I just put it aside and ordered a beer as well. We ordered our meals, and I asked for the crab appetizer, and was told it was out of season. Well, why don't they put a piece of tape over that line? Come on? I ordered the clams spaghettini and my husband ordered the diver scallops. He said his meal was "okay," but my meal, I would swear was sauce from a can. Definitely not homemade. Our server was lovely, and the place was nice as well, but the food and bar... not really good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pippintwosie
Congratulations on getting married!

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your drink and meal. Our cuisine is prepared with the finest and freshest local ingredients and is cooked by our highly skilled chef and his team. We strive for excellence in our cuisine. If our food is ever to your dissatisfaction please alert the wait staff at once so we can take care of you.

Mid-Atlantic
“Vacation Ritual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We always begin and end our vacations with a tradition by eating twice at Traditions on the Beach. Everything about it is wonderful! The staff takes pride in the restaurant . The food is great. We love the Seafood specials with pasta. The veal is delicious, the fish is perfectly done. The bar is inviting & we love the drinks and awesome bartender. We will miss it until our next visit to Sanibel. Thanks for everything, including our traditions

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Linleedo
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad your party enjoyed your meal. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!