“Moroccan Food offered here?”

Traditions on the Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located inside the Historic Island Inn on West Gulf Drive, Traditions restaurant, bar & lounge offers "Contemporary Cuisine - Sanibel Style." Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, we invite you to join us for spectacular sunsets with nightly live entertainment and dancing.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

In addition to the expected island & European choices, it seems that the Chef is from Morocco & offered a few dishes from his homeland.

TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I had called in at Traditions when passing by during the week and had booked a table for three days' time on the Sunday evening. We were looking forward to the occasion with its promise of delicious food and live music. We arrived to be told that we could not have our reservation, as this particular evening had been booked solely for share-holders. The attitude of the reception staff was off-hand to say the least, no apology, just shrugged shoulders and we were told we would " have to come back tomorrow."

Instead we moved on to Traders where we were made very welcome and where we enjoyed a delicious dinner, also with live music. We also returned to Traders to eat on two other occasions during the holiday! However, because of the negative response from the management at Traditions we are unlikely to make a reservation there on any future visits to Sanibel.

2  Thank dancers38
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Traditions on the Beach and I am very sorry that you had a bad experience. We are rarely closed for private events but you are correct we did have a private event recently that for closed the restaurant to the public. However we put up signage saying we would be closed for that Sunday evening for dinner. I am truly sorry that someone from our team accepted your reservation for a day that we knew for many months that we would be closed to the public. I am also sorry that when you arrived you were not treated as should have been. I have spoken to our entire team and explained the unsatisfactory experience you had and we have been retraining the team to ensure that this does not occur again.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope that on your next visit to Sanibel you might give us another try – we really do offer a warm and friendly experience with delicious food and we would like you to experience this next time.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The service was absolutely terrible. The food was mediocre and the music was monotonous! Do not come here!!! Everything about this place was just bad!!!

3  Thank Katepisman
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I apologize that your visit to our restaurant did not meet your standards.

We pride ourselves on training our wait staff to serve you with highest quality service. I assure you that we will address the servers immediately.

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. Our cuisine is prepared with the finest and freshest local ingredients and is cooked by our highly skilled chef and his team. We strive for excellence in our cuisine. If our food is ever to your dissatisfaction please alert the wait staff at once so we can take care of you.

Traditions on the Beach is one of the few restaurants on Sanibel that has live entertainment nightly and it is a big hit with our customers. All of our performers are professional with many years of experience and they each bring something different to their performances. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the show but understand that everyone has different tastes in music.

Again, we would like to apologize and we hope that you will give Traditions on the Beach another try in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

the food was a little "fancy" for my husband, he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. However it was part of a package that we had. We were a large group, the food was served warm and it was good. The service was excellent. The experience was an enjoyable one.

Thank you for dining at Traditions on the Beach and for leaving a review of your experience. I’m so glad your group enjoyed their meal. We pride ourselves on training our wait staff to serve you with highest quality service and are pleased to hear they are doing a good job. We hope you can return to Sanibel Island and Traditions on the Beach again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The place was packed. No problem as we had reservations. Everything looked nice… there was a band too. However, the Thanksgiving dinner was really overpriced for what you got. There were other restaurants in town that were less costly for dinner. Also, the service was terrible…. of course when they already put the tip on automatically, why does the server care how he does? We asked for butter… it never came… our drinks were never filled. … dessert wasn't included in the overpriced meal (the turkey seemed like it came from a pressed turkey log you buy from the frozen section of the grocery store, you know what I mean). It took over an hour to get our dessert. The person next to us was complaining to his wife (although I think about something else regarding his experience). The dessert was terrible, the ice cream arrived melted on the plate… We were totally disappointed.
Earlier in the day we ate at the Island Cow and saw someone getting their Tgiving meal there… it was $15 cheaper AND looked better. Bad choice on our part choosing Traditions.
We didn't eat there for anything else other than used the same dining room for the free breakfast. I really wanted our meal to be a good experience given it was a holiday but we came home Friday night and Sunday I made us a meal since we were so unsatisfied there.

2  Thank Samantha P
TraditionsOnTheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Traditions on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your Thanksgiving meal. Even on Thanksgiving our cuisine is prepared with the finest and freshest local ingredients and is cooked by our highly skilled chef and his team. I can assure you that the turkey was not a frozen pressed turkey roll. We always strive for excellence in our cuisine - especially on holidays. (As it was our Thanksgiving meal as well.) If our food is ever to your dissatisfaction please alert the wait staff at once so we can take care of you.

I’m deeply sorry to hear that you had to wait a long time to receive your dessert. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff, as we strive on getting your food to you as soon as possible.

Again, I would like to apologize and i hope that you will give Traditions on the Beach another try in the future.