“Very Tasty Food”

Traditions on the Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located inside the Historic Island Inn on West Gulf Drive, Traditions restaurant, bar & lounge offers "Contemporary Cuisine - Sanibel Style." Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, we invite you to join us for spectacular sunsets with nightly live entertainment and dancing.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

THe Italian influenced food was very tasty---especially the duck and any pasta dishes. We had dinner there twice, because the food was so delicious. The prices were a bit high, though we had 15% off as hotel guests---the 15% became the gratuity that was automatically added to the full price.... Only dinner is served here. There is live music---Wed. through Sun.---but it was kind of old fashioned.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We ate here the other night, based on what we read on trip advisor.

Needless to say, we were very, very disappointed. The food while ok, was very expensive relative to other places we ate on the island. The service was almost offensive.

We had a reservation and we were on time. Somehow our table wasn't "ready" yet we could see that there were empty tables. So they suggested we sit and have a glass of wine, no problem.

We eventually figured out this was just a revenue enhancer as the wine while ok was expensive.

We will not be going back, Avoid.

2  Thank K R
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I took my 3 children here for dinner just last week. I heard it was the best, however not in our opinion. The food was way overpriced, came out cold and didn't taste that good. Our waiter was rude, and had no personality at all. My kids kept saying how scared he made them feel, just with his attitude. And to top it off, he even added his own gratuity for our table of 4! I won't be returning or recommending this place to anyone, ever! Save your money and find a cheaper, better tasting restaurant.

4  Thank travelnmom31
Reviewed June 24, 2013

High end restaurant, had live music and dancing that night. Food was excellent. The specials from the chef are not only delicious, but they also serve large portions too.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Traditions on the Beach is located at the Island Inn, the hotel where we stayed during our Sanibel vacation. We went there on Friday evening for dinner and expected a large crowd, but we were the first table seated in an empty dining room that never got overly crowded. The service was excellent. Our waiter made great suggestions and was able to walk my lactose-intolerant husband through the menu's safe choices. He ordered the lamb chops and said they were fantastic. I ordered the grouper special which was also delicious. But my favorite part of the meal was the bread with its DELICIOUS Moroccan/Italian dipping sauce! I could've made a meal out of it! The restaurant also features live entertainment with a piano player and an accompanying singer. They invited my 6 year old daughter up on stage to play the shaker and the tambourine. She was thrilled! Then they asked her if she'd like to sing a song. She didn't even hesitate and belted out "A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down" for the audience. The crowd went nuts, and it was one of the highlights of her vacation! We will definitely recommend this restaurant and will return during a future trip to Sanibel. It was a very memorable experience for my family!