“Greenhouse grill...charming”
Review of Greenhouse Grill - CLOSED

Greenhouse Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Quiet, relaxing music, excellent fresh food. Diverse menu and desserts to die for. We will go back again. Dining in or outside. This was a great little find. You won't be sorry you stopped.

2  Thank Penny C

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and in-laws went here for dinner last night -- it's a great little "trattoria" style place (if I had to pigeon hole it) with some nice outdoor seating if you're lucky or smart enough to reserve a table. Inside, were we sat, was also quite pleasant with seating for maybe 32 or so.

Although it is categorized as "Mediterranean" I would place it solidly in the Italian camp -- and there is nothing wrong with that. Last night their specials were Veal Osso Bucco, a roasted Brazzino (Med Sea Bass), and this awesome pasta dish (which we ordered and devoured) of "money bags" stuffed with Gorgonzola and served in a Gorgonzola cream sauce with arrugula.

We also tried the Clam Chowder, which I thought was very very flavorful (especially with fresh ground pepper added) but warning.. It is a LIGHT clam chowder and not the ultra thick style that some people enjoy (I like both!) .

The arugula salad with pear was very good too -- but a tip: Add some salt to the salad to counter act the bitterness of the arugula !

In-laws had the veal marsala, and that was also good -- and served with some rosemary roasted potatoes. They were just about perfect! Crispy on the outside yet soft in the center (and HOT!) .

The only disappointing part was the wine pricing. They didn't have ANY bottles of wine for less that $32, and those were so-so wines that retail for about $12 or so. I wish they would have some carafes of house red/white but oh well .

Anyway, this was a new place for me to try and I did like it a lot. The table next to us had the Caprese salad (looked great) and the Parpadelle con agnolti (fresh ribbon pasta w/ lamb) that they raved about -- so I know what I'll have next time.

Oh -- the prices were a bit on the high side, but I think the quality justified it but that's why I rated the value as "Average" .

1  Thank SJM-Weasel
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Returned this season to The Greenhouse Grill after last year's visit for our yearly Sanibel vacation. The food remains delicious, service is good, staff is friendly and accommodating. The Bouillabaisse is an ample bowl filled with fresh seafood in a tasty tomato broth. The salad freshly dressed with homemade citrus vinaigrette. The Mediterranean platter was a great combination of grilled veggies and Italian meats. Wine list compliments the menu. Great find on the island!

1  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Like another reviewer, we stumbled upon this gem due to crowds in other parts of the island. What a treat! We were seated outside, had impeccable service from a delightful waitress and the food was wonderful. Everything is fresh and delicious. I had Shrimp Bruschetta from the appetizer menu, and it was enough for lunch....and elegant! Everyone in our party was so pleased that we stopped there! Highly recommend it.

1  Thank ILRetiree
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Eclectic healthy menu. Beautifully prepared food with excellent service. Great value for a delicious meal in a relaxed setting. We selected the Vegetable Tower and the Arugula Salad with grilled shrimp for lunch and finished with the limoncello cake. Perfection!