“Excellent, again!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San-Cap Road
Description: IL Tesoro Ristorante, the restaurant name which means ,"the Treasure" in Italian, features authentic Italian cuisine with a modern sophisticated touch using only the freshest seasonal ingredients. Enjoy a festive experience in a Bistro-style setting, with hundreds of Italian wines and dozens of original oil paintings decorating the walls. Open kitchen flair is added enjoyment of the evening as you can watch your dinner being carefully prepared. Our menu is the total creation of Chef/Owner, AJ Black, where his motto reigns supreme, “Fresh Ingredients, simplicity, love are the recipe for a treasured dining experience."
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ate there recently with my wife and adult daughter.This was our third time at Il Tesoro. The food and service were excellent as always. Daughter and I had the lobster ravioli and wife had lobster tail with spicy tomatoes over pasta. Again, excellent. My wife also enjoyed the limoncello parfait and daughter said it was best Tiramisu she'd ever had.

iltesoro, Manager at Il Tesoro, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Our lobster ravioli is divine and I am very happy that you tried it and found it the same experience. We look forward to more diners and guests that love great food and we are here to serve you the best we can offer, so thank you so much for the great review and we only hope to earn your re-visit over-and-over.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Last evening we celebrated our anniversary with a scrumptious meal. We started with the Pasta Fagioli soup. I think mine is excellent and this beat mine! It was full of freshness and the stock was silky and just the right spiciness. My husband had the veal and it was delicious as always. Demitri talked me into the swordfish special. First bite I was in heaven. The freshness of the fish was evident and the sundried tomatoes, lemon, artichokes, and mushrooms over a bed of perfect risotto made this the "dish of the night". Demitri was spot on!
If you have to pick one restaurant on the island, this is the one! Excellent food, ambiance, and superior service. Worth every penny.

1  Thank kgoodr8559
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I purchased a Groupon coupon at IL TESORO RISTORANTE on Sanibel Island Florida, not really knowing what we would get but I do search the restaurant and was pleasantly suprised that the owner AJ Black also had restaurants in Manhattan and Martha's Vineyard, how could we go wrong? We live in Fort Myers, so the drive was a pleasant one, except for the rain. The restaurant is tucked in behind an art gallery, kinda retro looking. We arrived and were greated by Demetrio, also our server! Upon entering this small but elagent establishment, the chef's quarters are right when you enter the front door presenting wonderful looking dishes! Our mouths were watering right then and we knew we were going to have an amazing experience. The decor was that of a true italian restaurant. Wine bottles rack on the back wall filled with some great looking vintages of veno. We proceeded to ordering the Calamari as a starter. I can truly say that was the best Calamari we've ever had. Cooked to perfection! Very light and tender with a wonderful maranara sauce. Our entre'es were equally fantastic. To top that off, we ordered Tiramisu and a Cannoli. I can say that was the best Tiramisu I have ever had. :) When there, the ladies must use the ladies room, they have this wonderful smelling hand soap/salt scrub! (I had to stress this.) Again, our waiter, Demetrio said good bye to us and also took our picture. My son hates having this picture taken, so he couldn't say no when Demetrio did it. (Hey Demetrio, where is my picture? lol) All in all, I would recommend this restaurant when visiting Sanibel and Captive Islands. *****

Thank you so much and we are so very grateful for your business and that we were successful with making your night with your son memorable and pleasant.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and this place was rated fairly decent. We shared the antipasto platter and it was delicious. My husband had the lamb chop and I had the sea bass. Both were delectable. The service worked at barely above a grocery store bagger. If the service had matched the quality of the food, this place would be rated top-notch. We would go back one more time to see if they were having an off-night. If this place fails, it won't be because of the food.

iltesoro, Owner at Il Tesoro, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We appreciate you so much, I hope that we will match your expectations on service the next time, we have changed a few staff members because our space is small and we thrive on being sure our service is special along with our food, so we are doing our best and hope you will find us again in a better rating. Thank you so much, call me anytime for a special table or any special needs you may have for your night. Best, Jolie

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Meh, not worth it.

The service was okay, nothing special but you can't complain.

The food however is a complete rip off. I do not recommend this restaurant. It's extremely overpriced for what you get. I paid 24$ for a small dish of overcooked pasta with three little shrimps. It's one thing if you pay that price but the food serving is big and the food is actually, I don't know.. Good!

It's not terrible but I extremely do not recommend this place, if you're looking for an Italian restaurant just head to the Olive Garden. Unless you enjoy paying for overpriced not so good food.

3  Thank Philip P
iltesoro, Public Relations Manager at Il Tesoro, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again! We have a happy hour menu and great lower priced delicious selections for everyone's tastes. Our food is all fresh not a place that sells frozen pizza like the one you rated 5 star.