“Fantastic!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San-Cap Road
Description: IL Tesoro Ristorante, the restaurant name which means ,"the Treasure" in Italian, features authentic Italian cuisine with a modern sophisticated touch using only the freshest seasonal ingredients. Enjoy a festive experience in a Bistro-style setting, with hundreds of Italian wines and dozens of original oil paintings decorating the walls. Open kitchen flair is added enjoyment of the evening as you can watch your dinner being carefully prepared. Our menu is the total creation of Chef/Owner, AJ Black, where his motto reigns supreme, “Fresh Ingredients, simplicity, love are the recipe for a treasured dining experience."
Gladstone, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner here last night and it was wonderful from start to finish! We started with the house antipasto sampler for two. It was delicious - a variety of grilled veggies along with cheese and meats. Our entrees were great - my husband had the lamb osso buco with risotto and eggplant. I am not a fan of lamb, but he loved it! I had the lobster ravioli special and it was perfect! Desserts were tasty, but not spectacular. Our server, Dimitri was fabulous and very knowledgeable. All in all, it was a wonderful night out! We will definitely return!!

Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great from start to finish”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to the restaurant with my wife for my birthday. I was salivating after walking by their antipasto and smelling some goodness that the chef had placed on the grill ( I think it was seafood of some sort) . We arent so knowledgeable with Italian wines ,but our server helped us choose a really nice bottle at $65.00(Malbec/Cab blend) . I have read other reviews where people complain that the wine is expensive . The prices range from $35 (KIA) to like $200( Ferrari) something for wine. All will get you where you want to go it just depends on how YOU like to cruise. We ordered the lobster app with the sweet and sour sauce and the anitpasto to start. My wife loved the lobster so much that she only gave me a small taste and it was divine. My antipasto was great too. I loved that they put braised fennel on that dish. I have never had that in an antipasto before. We split a Bolognese for our second course. HANDS DOWN THE BEST ONE I EVER HAD! I had the lamb osso bucco and she had the Zuppa di pesce for our main courses. The portions were very generous and the meat in my dish slid right off the bone! My wifes zuppa was FULL of seafood and smelled wonderful. She couldnt finish it and she took the rest home for next days lunch. We shared a slamming cannoli for desert . The service was very attentive , professional and relaxed. The music was a little dated though. Kinda wish they would play some more modern stuff , but that wont keep us from coming back again .

New York
“Incredible meal!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had an AMAZING dinner at Il Tesoro on Sanibel Island last night. The food was fresh, original and incredibly delicious. I had two of their specials: grilled octopus salad for an appetizer and sea bass toscana for an entree. Both were excellent. For dessert, my husband had their homemade cannoli. It tasted so much like my great Aunt Jo's homemade cannoli, it almost made me cry. Really excellent!

iltesoro, Manager at Il Tesoro, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Wow, to be compared to your AuntJo is really an honor, Thank you so much and we look forward to having you dine with us again soon, and I hope to continue pleasing your palette.
Dublin, Pennsylvania
“Great entrees but stay away from dessert and coffee”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our appetizers were average but our dinners were exceptional. However, our server never stopped by our table to inquire if the meals were prepared to our satisfaction. Nor were we given the opportunity to order more drinks. We find that unusual especially since the restaurant was not busy. After dinner, we ordered cappuccinos. They were awful and still our server did not stop by. We caught the attention of the owner to express our dissatisfaction. She explained there was a barista problem and arranged for replacements for the cappuccinos. We also ordered the black and white cheesecake and cannoli to go. The cheesecake was tasted as if it was spoiled and the cannoli were just ok. We will probably return hopefully by then
the service, desserts and the barista will improve.

iltesoro, Owner at Il Tesoro, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We appreciate the great feedback, unfortunately the espresso machine was challenging for one of the newer servers since it is a real machine not one of those push-a-button- with - pod ones, and you did receive very beautiful replacements without hesitation. As for the "cheesecake" , there are not any spoiled items in the restaurant and will never ever be served lest eaten as you did to the bottom of the plate. With that said, reviews are a great writing outlet for those complaints that were not resolved, and I know that we did resolve your concerns to our utmost power and will continue to do our very best every day because we do love to take care of and please everyone as much we can. Have you ever made an espresso or cappuccino ? I have a video on youtube that is really enjoyable to see, our daughter Sophia shows how-to make the perfect espresso on our youtube channel foodguro. Check it out, and looking forward to your visit again soon!:)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Our meal was very disappointing on our recent visit to this restaurant. Since they have another restaurant in NYC, we felt this would be authentic Italian cuisine. This was far from what we expected. The food quality was inferior for the price paid. Been coming to the Islands for over 29 years, and this was one of the worst meals that we have ever had. On a good note the server was good, however, this did not make our experience any better. Definitely would not give this restaurant another try.

Visited June 2013
iltesoro, Manager at Il Tesoro, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Our style of Italian cuisine is rich in the culture throughout its beautiful landscape, it's diverse and rich in history with all chefs cooking their inspired dishes.We stand behind our cuisine as well as the thousands who love it and come back every year/ week to our high standard fresh sautéed dishes boast. The chain restaurants add and have chemical salts and spices to amp their food filled with GMO and such that your palette must be used to unfortunately we do not and will not do this at our restaurant because we have a moral responsibility to all our family and guests who eat with us. As for your visit to our fabulous restaurant, I see that you failed to report your behavior and words you had on your way out, I was sorry that you were looking for that kind of attention, but I hope that you have gotten it now. Also, the corkage fees a restaurant charges for someone bringing their own bottles into a restaurant are easily researched on the many websites for wine etiquette that may be helpful to you and your family's added information. I have found them very helpful and have referred my other friends to them when calculating the fees to charge or not. It is based , the corkage fee, on the least expensive bottle of wine on the list at most all restaurants I have looked up , those including the ones in NYC like you mentioned. Thank you so much again, we do have your name on file so that we can be sure we put salt on the table.