“Great shopping”
Review of Periwinkle Way

Periwinkle Way
More attraction details
Owner description: The main street running through Sanibel Island is lined with shops, boutiques, galleries and cafes.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great shopping area and one of those places we always take our company. Sometimes it just calls for a trip to Chico's.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Now that we are rated #1 in the world by Fodors Periwinkle Way our gateway has become too crowded with traffic. Avoid midday or between 430 and 630pm as it is bumper to bumper.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is pretty much the main road for the area. It's like a Las Olas or Las Vegas Strip; it is a straightforward; filled with all sorts of restaurants and gift shops, deli markets, grocery stores, homes and motels/hotels. If your GPS stops working, just get on this road and more than likely you will find your destination. It was quiet and has two lanes. My only concern was driving at night. If it wasn't for the lights coming from the restaurants and the headlights from oncoming cars the road would be pitch black dark. Why are there no street lights? I would strongly discourage anyone to ride their bicycle or go for a late night jog on Periwinkle Way.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

There is always something new that I know I can't live without. Local art is some of my favorite. But sitting and enjoying an ice cream cone while window shopping is fun too.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Best place on Sanibel to shop. My favorite shops are there. Pleasant covered walkway. Good parking. Peach Republic, Chicos, Aqua Beachwear.