“Holy Cow thats a lot of icecream”

Pinocchio's Original Italian Ice Cream
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: A Sanibel tradition since 1980,Pinocchio's is a landmark for islanders and visitors alike. All ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, sorbet and sorbetto is made fresh daily in "Pinocchio's Lab" on premises from the finest & freshest ingredients. Family owned and operated, we serve 37 flavors of our 130+ repertoire daily. 10 Time Winner BEST of the ISLANDS BEST ICE CREAM including 2014, '14 BEST GELATO and '14 BEST FROZEN YOGURT, Nat'l Geographics Top 10 Best Ice Creams in Gulf Coast America and many more accolades from events, organizations and local food critics. We appreciate our Customers and consider Customer Satisfaction carefully. To our new Customers, Thank You for Coming In and Trying Our Signature Ice Creams. To our returning Customers, Welcome Home. Gustare! The Puma Family
Toronto
“Holy Cow thats a lot of icecream”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Visited Pinocchio's on the recommendation of friends and we were not disappointed. The icecream is very good and the portion sizes are massive.

Ordered single scoops and they were anything but small. Be prepared to lick, lick, lick and lick as the portions are HUGE.

Bonus is the fact that there is lots of sitting space right outside...A Sanibel Must Do

1 Thank Jay F

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Too busy to care about how your ice cream has been presented.”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We are frequent visitors of Sanibel Island and have always made a point to stop at this particular ice-cream shop for the past 12 years. My family and I were excited to return. We stepped in line, and ordered our ice cream. What I got resembled a disfigured blob of jelly. Not sure if their freezer was broken, or the ice cream was kept outside. I checked the bottom of the cup for the holes due to the copious amount of fluid running down my arm. This ice cream was not fit for a puppet. Maybe that's who made it. You'll have a better night if you get a box of Breyers...I can say that without my nose growing.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank StevenAK
Columbus, Ohio
“Great ice cream!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The ice cream was great with unique names. I loved the sanibel crunch. my kids loved this place. The portions are huge. The place was crowded but the service is very friendly. We grabbed plenty of napkins and ate outside in the large chairs out front. We would definitely go here again.

Travelguru
“Rude”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I was really excited to try this place because of the reviews I read. When we pulled in the lot I could tell we were on to something because of the number of people in the parking lot, on the porch, and inside. The ice cream was good, not the best I have had. The servings were large. All these aspects would lead you to believe that we had a positive experience. Actually it was the total opposite. I have never been to a place where I have been treated as unkindly as my family was by the two young men working there. They were extremely rude from the first second we walked in the door and were screamed at to shut the door. When it was finally my turn I asked a question about one of the flavored because of an allergy and the young man snipped at me. All of us got the distinct impression that we were unwelcome. I thought maybe I was being too critical but as I was sitting on the porch out front several other customers began talking about the rude service. I will not recommend this place to my friends.

4 Thank travelguru82
Sanibel Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ice Cream Ever”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here twice already and my husband and I have only been on the island for 4 days so far. It's creamy, it's Italian, it has unique flavors, and it is delicious!!! Huge, maybe even too big portions. I wanted to try 2 flavors, but 2 scoops is more like 4 huge scoops. Definitely worth the money. Sometimes hard to get a seat outside but casual and fun to sit out there with everyone and see what flavors everyone tried. Oh yeah... And served with an animal cookie on top cuz they're cool like that. YUM. Try it. I recommend Dirty Sand Dollar