“Homemade ice cream - huge portions!”

Pinocchio's Original Italian Ice Cream
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: A Sanibel tradition since 1980,Pinocchio's is a landmark for islanders and visitors alike. All ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, sorbet and sorbetto is made fresh daily in "Pinocchio's Lab" on premises from the finest & freshest ingredients. Family owned and operated, we serve 37 flavors of our 130+ repertoire daily. 10 Time Winner BEST of the ISLANDS BEST ICE CREAM including 2014, '14 BEST GELATO and '14 BEST FROZEN YOGURT, Nat'l Geographics Top 10 Best Ice Creams in Gulf Coast America and many more accolades from events, organizations and local food critics. We appreciate our Customers and consider Customer Satisfaction carefully. To our new Customers, Thank You for Coming In and Trying Our Signature Ice Creams. To our returning Customers, Welcome Home. Gustare! The Puma Family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice to sample the flavors - settled on cookie dough - wonderful! Fun to eat our ice cream outside on a beautiful day.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We shared a cone of Sanibel Crunch, as we had heard so much about this ice cream place. Nothing to write home about taste-wise. But the worst part was when the woman sitting next to us found a huge bug in her ice cream. Yuck. Sanibel crunch for sure!!

1  Thank acekingqueenjack
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This is an obligatory visit when we are on Sanibel. All the ice cream is really yummy and even more yummy is eating it while sitting outside on benches watching people in line, smiles on their faces, waiting for ice cream!! What can be bad? Best is the double chocolate. For some reason the long lines at Pinocchio's do not create frustration. The place just feels like a celebration. Go there.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Each time I visit, I have trouble deciding on a flavor. I was excited to taste the seasonal pumpkin flavor, which was the best ice cream I ever tasted. The store itself is adorable and has a lovely seating area outside.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am a big fan of gelato . When I read about Pinocchio's I was so excited that Sanibel had homemade gelato. On our last day we headed for a treat to get some gelato . However this was an ice cream store with only 3 gelato flavors. I sampled the gelato and it was not particularly good and nothing like Italian gelato . So I had the ice cream which was as good as others have mentioned in their reviews. I agree with one of the other people who described the unfriendly unhappy servers at both Pinocchio's and Giuseppe's . Unfortunately they left us with a less than positive feeling about the place. Overall, great ice cream and great baked goods.